Thread: Volbeat

User Info Menu

Default Volbeat

I am always on the look out for new bands to listen to. Some time ago another DC member introduced me to "the Cat Empire". They rapidly became one of my favourite current bands. A Scandinavian friend recently introduced me to "Volbeat"; a Danish band I wouldn't have come across otherwise. Here is one of their clips:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEN3mQ0ql30&feature=player_detailpage"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEN3mQ0ql30&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

They have 4 albums out; very diverse; almost like a mixture of Metallica, Blink 182 and Rockabilly (I know; it sounds insane but they have a great sound)

Anyway i like sharing good music; I hope some of you appreciate them and get into them too; enjoy!
    If you are going through hell...keep going!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Volbeat

i've seen Volbeat 3 or 4 times, they are even better live than on the albums..

offcourse i have it easy, living in the same country...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Have you heard Horrorpops, Necromantix or The Meteors? I'm a recent Rockabilly/Psychobilly convert myself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ProjeKtWEREWOLF View Post
    Have you heard Horrorpops, Necromantix or The Meteors? I'm a recent Rockabilly/Psychobilly convert myself.
    not yet wolf but i will definately check them out; thanks.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Meh, I guess it's just not my style. Interesting though! :D
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Volbeat is wonderful. Never seen them live, but I bet that would be an awesome show.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

My personal favorite by them, Fallen is very good too.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by defcon235 View Post
    Volbeat is wonderful. Never seen them live, but I bet that would be an awesome show.
    Yeah apparently they are excellent live - no frills; just a very powerful performance. I hope to catch them one day if they crack a world tour.