Thread: Mozart's Death March

User Info Menu

Default Mozart's Death March

Anyone know the real name of this symphony.... I cant find it anywhere. It may not even be by mozart but i do need to find it, Can anyone help?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Chopin i think wrote the funeral march, Is that what you are on about?? I listened to it for my Leaving Cert in Secondary School in Eire.
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Probably you're looking for Mozart's Requiem Mass. Requiem is the name you give to the Mass in honourr of someone who just died. It has been said that when he composed it, even though he did it for someone else, he was thinking about his own death. I would suggest everyone to listen to it quietly in a good music player or HQ headphones. You will experience his fear, and what he (and most everyone at that time) thought about God's revenge on sinners (Dies Irae, which means the Wrath of God). But you will also experience His love in Lacrimosa (other part of the Requiem), or the feeling of eternity in Lux Aeterna (the end of the Requiem). You just can't die without listening to it!. I would recommend a good recording (by Deutsche Gramophon, and directed by Karajan).
    Now either you tell me you were asking about this piece or I will copy all this and take it to the embarassing situation's thread!

User Info Menu

Oh my God, I used to listen to this in primary school after we finished assembly. It was chilling and beautiful then and it still is now. Haunting.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

anything like the imperial death march from star wars?

User Info Menu

well all death marches are the same. Played in a minor key..... Mozarts is most famous thoguht. There are about 25 different famous marches as stated on wikipedia. One is from hamlet! :>

Hadle and beethoven are a couple of other names in there.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mozart's Death March

Dies Irae, which is also the name of one of the band i play for