Thread: EC2 Standard Tom Pack (Evans)

User Info Menu

Default EC2 Standard Tom Pack (Evans)

I made a trip down to Guitar Center yesterday (much to my surprise)
    and bought some heads. The heads are EC2 Coated....
    AMAZING!!! My toms sound great!! I used my old batter heads
    as resonant heads (G2) and my toms sound like thunder!!!
    if you really like warm loud drums, then get these heads

User Info Menu

Default Re: EC2 Standard Tom Pack (Evans)

When I get the money, I'm going to buy those heads. Period.

I love the sound of the EC clears, but I really want the coated. You made the right choice mah friend!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

I recently put EC2 coated heads on my toms, and I LOVE them. They are awesome!
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

I put EC2's clear on all my toms over EC reso and wow what a sound man. Try the EC frosted with reverse dot on your snare man and you won't believe the sound your snare will make.

User Info Menu

Got 'em a couple of months ago. Love 'em.

User Info Menu

i buy the clear and i love them

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

The thing that I found with the EC2's is that they have to be tuned low to get the full deep sound out of them. My toms are all tuned 1/2 over finger tight ( 1 on the EC resos) and this works well on my maples. Not too sure if that would work on poplar, bass or birch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    The thing that I found with the EC2's is that they have to be tuned low to get the full deep sound out of them. My toms are all tuned 1/2 over finger tight ( 1 on the EC resos) and this works well on my maples. Not too sure if that would work on poplar, bass or birch.
    I have them on my Catalina Birch kit and they sound awesome. I have the EC2 coated over the EC resos.
    ~Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.- Reggie Leach~

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: EC2 Standard Tom Pack (Evans)

Quote Originally Posted by pelicandrum View Post
    I have them on my Catalina Birch kit and they sound awesome. I have the EC2 coated over the EC resos.
    That's great now we know that they sound good on Maple and Birch so let's wait and see if we hear of any other different woods out there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    That's great now we know that they sound good on Maple and Birch so let's wait and see if we hear of any other different woods out there.
    I wonder how low the sound would get with coated EC's on a bubinga kit... Now THAT would be amazing!

I have a question: How much of a difference do the EC resos make?
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumRookie View Post
    I wonder how low the sound would get with coated EC's on a bubinga kit... Now THAT would be amazing!

I have a question: How much of a difference do the EC resos make?
    I use the EC reso's with G2 coated for the batter and they sound excellent. I had the coated EC2's for the batter, but I personally like the G2's way more. They really helped to make my toms come alive. The EC reso's definitely help keep the unwanted overtones down to a minimum without killing the resonance. They also give you a little deeper tom sound as well. Bob Gatzen does a comparison that will give you a better idea of how they sound. He also uses an EC2 clear batter for this demo. Check it out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIcUBJrtKTg"]Bob Gatzen Discusses Resonant Heads - YouTube[/ame]
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

I use EC2 clear SST/G1 clear and wow! Going to try the EC2 frosted heads next!

User Info Menu

DrummrD thanks for that Gatzen clip. Very informative. I have to say though, to my ear I prefer the 10 mil G1 reso in that vid, over the EC. All three had overtones, and EC2 seemed to simply enhance the lower frequency overtones, rather than all frequencies. Definitely more sustain.