Thread: Cleaning the kit.

User Info Menu

Question Cleaning the kit.

Anyone have tips on good cleaning solutions for a kit. I have tried various products, (not to mention various techniques from the quickie wipedown, to extensive Q Tip detailing).
    Just looking for other options out there. Thanks!!

User Info Menu

Welcome to DrumChat, JTD!

As to cleaning, we'll need a little more information. What type of finish do you have on your drums. Do your drums have a wrap, lacquer, or natural satin finish? Cleaning each would be different.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

The only advice that is general for cleaning you kit, is not to clean only what you can see, clean the lugs and all the niggly bits that are not prominent, as this will make sure your kit lasts for donkeys years more than it would if you left dust and crap accumulating under the rim etc.
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

specially the .... bead i guess. Where the skin meets the shell..... Just to allow free movement for good tuning and playing :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    specially the .... bead i guess. Where the skin meets the shell..... Just to allow free movement for good tuning and playing :>
    bearing edge??
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

that be it! :>

I need to sharpen my tech :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters