Thread: Sabian Paragons

User Info Menu

Default Sabian Paragons

I am very ignorant as to how these products sound or their quality. All I really do know is that they were designed by Neil and I've been trying to listen to their sound in Rush albums. I did however get a chance to test out the Paragon hi-hats in GC whilst shopping. They sounded okay, then again Guitar Center sets up their demo equipment like it's nothing important so they weren't as closed as I would have them. Anyway, does anyone in here use these or have any experience with them? I'm looking at buying a set of them because they aren't all too pricey. Thanks guys and gals...

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

i own a few...
    22" ride (baddest mf'n stage ride i ever heard)
    6" splash (inverted over 12" or 14" crash)
    19" china = KA POW

i bought the ride because i had a set of avedis crashes and wanted to build around those. i planned on a k custom of sorts but after trying a ton of zil. and sabian decided the paragon RULED and would destroy the posibility getting drowned out by guitars.
    however the hats were just a little too thick and gongy to my liking and again by compairing the ride next to possibly dozens of hats and combos decided the zil. avedis quick beats matched it perfect.
    the splash was kind of on a wild hair
    the china was cuz i wanted a trashy explosive contrast to my softer and washier xs20. this thing is THE reason to wear earplugs.

User Info Menu

i didnt think anything special of the paragons when i tried em..

User Info Menu

I like em. They are big, heavy, dark and loud! If you don't like that, you won't like em. I think there are better hats out there, but I agree funky I LOVE the ride. I also have the 20" crash which I love.

User Info Menu

i have seen the entire tour set with flight case on sale for around 1.600 bucks on ebay. that has to be the best buy EVER. even for the regular found price of 2k is still a bargain.

User Info Menu

Yea, you guys say these bad things about the hats, their not your hats, they were designed by neil really, and for him, im suprised they even started selling paragons after neil

But im in love with the ride and the crashes, i want to get the ride someday, as a main ride, then get a raw bell ride as a side ride

User Info Menu

i wouldnt say anything bad about them. i just say they are a little gongy for MY liking. i cant design my own and thats why i search out the cymbals that work out best for ME.
    ps. i love the hh raw bell rides, they were def. on the list. the paragon won out because of the boosted projection and more "classic" sound.

User Info Menu

Yea, the 20 in hand hammered raw bell ride or the 21 in AA dry raw bell ride are my favorites