Thread: Rage.

User Info Menu

Default Rage.

Have you guys ever had one of those raging moments, when you've spent ages looking around for something in particular your GAS has been calling for and you can't find it anywhere. So you abandon all hope, then after you've spent every penny you own it pops out of no-where and makes you feel like you should have waited, then makes you RAGE!?!

Heres my story, I spent about a year (not long I know) looking for a Gretsch Catalina Club Mod Mini in Black Widow finish. In that time period they became very limited, I kept my eye out and hoped and prayed. All to no avail. So I gave up hope, spent all my pennies, and now one has popped up on the bay for under £200 because of cosmetic damage! 4 Piece kit, stunning finish.

Anything like this happened to anyone else?

My Kit:
    Mapex Horizon HZB in Transparrent Cherry.
    Consisting of 10" and 16" Toms.
    14" Snare and 22" Bass.
    Toms have Aquarian Perfomance II, snare has ambassador coated.

Cymbal Array:
    14" Pearl CX-200 Hats.
    16" B8 Rock Crash.
    20" Paiste 400 Power Ride.
    10" Meinl MCS Splash.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rage.

Aahh!

Everything comes to he who waits.........

You probably didn't want to hear that.lol.

User Info Menu

Haha^^^^...yeah I did this. I bought a DW 2002 pedal and a week later they were selling a DW 5000 for the same price
    CURRENT SETUP-
    Sonic Drive 7 piece kit.
    2 up 2 down

- Sabian AA Holy China 17"
    - Meinl classics custom extreme metal crash 18"
    - Sabian AA 16" crash
    - Zildjian Z custom 20" ride
    - Evans G2 heads
    - Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal
    -Joey Jordison signature snare drum.

Drummer For: *BAND HAS NO NAME YET*
    Genre:Metal/Screamo

User Info Menu

I have had this happen with things other than my drums. But I've learned never to buy anything until I get what I actually want. I'm not willing to settle for "it'll have to do".
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Aaaidn, this sort of thing happens all the time. If I get in the shortest line at the store, it seems to move the showest. If I get what seems to be a great deal on something, it goes down in price next week. If we let it worry us too much, we'll never make decisions, for fear of making the wrong one. Just remember that each decision is made with the information we have available in the moment. We just make the best decisions that we can, and then move on. Hey, if we need to kick ourselves over it, I say do it to get it out of our system. Then move on and forget it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I decided to buy drum mics two weeks ago and finally settled on a 5-piece set. Yesterday a seven-piece set was MF's Stupid Deal of the Day, selling for about half what I just paid. AArrgghh!
    Drumming since 1965 and still going!
    Max Weinberg - "More than any other drummer, Ringo Starr changed my life.
    The impact and memory of that band on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 will never leave me."

"Sometimes you'd come up against a brick wall... or sometimes you go into a fill and you'd know halfway through it was going to be disastrous."
    John Bonham

www.willieandtheblueshounds.com

Larrysperf Guest

I never get upset as I know it wont do any good( even my kids asked why dont you ever yell, I said will it make a diff ) dont worry 1 more will come along. Just means it wasnt meant to be. Sorry doesnt help much, but just wait you will see a better 1 come along

User Info Menu

Yeah I've been keeping a casual eye out for a 16" tom on ebay. One finally pops up.. during a period when I have very little work and therefore can't afford it. If it surfaced about a month ago, I would've jumped on it lol. It's no longer on ebay anymore..
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

I get the feeling this will happen to me during my search for a 14" Rogers floor tom in Blue Onyx... "Oh yes! Brand new 21" Byzance crash!" (Floor tom appears on Craiglist mid sentence)
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9