Thread: What do I need to record my v-drums in Garageband?

User Info Menu

Default What do I need to record my v-drums in Garageband?

I've only ever recorded live audio with my acoustic set up, so I don't really know what I need to do to record the v-drums and get them sounding best, can anyone give me a heads up?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What do I need to record my v-drums in Garageband?

Stereo out to stereo in.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Stereo out to stereo in.
    This would work very well.

The V Drums are also MIDI, so you could buy a software for MIDI drums. I know even garage band comes with a few MIDI kits.

So you have 2 options.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    This would work very well.

The V Drums are also MIDI, so you could buy a software for MIDI drums. I know even garage band comes with a few MIDI kits.

So you have 2 options.
    I can get my Mac to recognize the midi input, but in Garageband nothing comes up and the help section in Garageband is pretty non-existant drum wise! Am I being a total retarrrd here, why is nothing working?!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twenny View Post
    I can get my Mac to recognize the midi input, but in Garageband nothing comes up and the help section in Garageband is pretty non-existant drum wise! Am I being a total retarrrd here, why is nothing working?!
    Did you hit the record button?
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumRookie View Post
    lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Twenny View Post
    You have to go to preferences and set it up. you also need to make sure you create a new track as a software instrument and go to the drums section
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumRookie View Post
    hmmmm, no never tried hitting record......I figured Macs are somewhat psychic........of course I clicked record! DOI!
    ''Give the drummer some!''

User Info Menu

do you understand how MIDI works?

If not it can be confusing. There are lots of good web sites out there that explain it.

The hardest thing to get your head around is you are NOT sending anythng to your DAW but digital commands and paramiters. You have to assign them to sounds in the computer.

What model brain do you have?
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site