Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK so I did it again.

User Info Menu

Default OK so I did it again.

Ok so I got rid of my ddrums again(just a laundry list of problems), but this time it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it, I got a 5 pc DW PDP LXE Natural to Charcoal Fade lacquer finish over Kurillian Birch exotic wood drum set, this kit absolutely sings, I just can't even believe how awesome these drums sounds, this is the sound I have been desperately trying to get for so long, they are so superior over the ddrums in looks, quality and sound, not to mention the hardware and mounting system, I love it.

Ok so here is a video with the new kit.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2037919015

Last edited by Pdplayer; 06-19-2007 at 09:11 PM.

User Info Menu

those are beautiful, but how do they sound different than the other maple pdp kit. i have seen those in action when i saw avenged seven fold last year.

User Info Menu

yay! u finally got out of the ddrum phase..btw that kurillian burch is sweet..congrats

User Info Menu

dude.. sweet lets hear em ASAP!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    those are beautiful, but how do they sound different than the other maple pdp kit. i have seen those in action when i saw avenged seven fold last year.
    Thanks man, I absolutely love them.

Ya know I am not sure if there was something wrong with the drums or just my attitude at the time, never the less I am glad I got rid of those, cause then I would not have gotten these, the pictures just do not do it justice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice
    yay! u finally got out of the ddrum phase..btw that kurillian burch is sweet..congrats
    Yep I am 100% done with ddrum....................THEY SUCK

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    dude.. sweet lets hear em ASAP!
    Videos coming very soon.

Here is a new video guys./gals

Last edited by Pdplayer; 06-19-2007 at 09:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Nice ddrumbum! Beautiful kit.

User Info Menu

What's the over/under on how long this one lasts. I say 2 weeks! Any takers?

User Info Menu

thats a bad bet there.
    and what happened to the flying dragons?

User Info Menu

hehe maybe youd like ludwig classic maples..or a DW (not PDP) high end kit for your next one. BTW whatd u do with ur ddrum kit..? Ebay?
    Last edited by michiganice; 06-19-2007 at 09:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Beautiful set, man formerly known as DDB!

Interesting that you went with the birch. I would love to hear them played up close and personal, but I guess I'll settle for your next vid. Just gald that you have what you want. You desire it, bro.!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Nice ddrumbum! Beautiful kit.
    Thanks, and thanks for changing my name as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by el presidente
    What's the over/under on how long this one lasts. I say 2 weeks! Any takers?
    Until I can afford a DW kit, I hated my ddrums, I have finally found the kit I am happy with.

User Info Menu

thats a bad bet there.
    and what happened to the flying dragons?
    Well again I did not like the direct drive feel, I have always played chain and that is what I prefer, so I sold them.

I guess I am maturing as a drummer and finding what works best for me and my situation, but I seriously think my PDPs are here to stay until I can afford a DW, I am sticking with chain drive, and danny carey signature sticks and evans heads. thats my final answer lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice
    hehe maybe youd like ludwig classic maples..or a DW (not PDP) high end kit for your next one. BTW whatd u do with ur ddrum kit..? Ebay?
    DW will be someday and my next kit for sure, I sold my ddrum kit is 1 day on craigslist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Beautiful set, man formerly known as DDB!

Interesting that you went with the birch. I would love to hear them played up close and personal, but I guess I'll settle for your next vid. Just gald that you have what you want. You desire it, bro.!
    Thanks pastor bob.

Actually it just has the lacquered exotic kurillian birch vaneer over 100% all maple shell(I think), otherwise this kit would be a true blue DW and cost $3500+ instead of $1899 for mine.

A new vid is up, here is the link
    Last edited by Pdplayer; 06-19-2007 at 09:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Cool. Maple shells with a beautiful finish! Happy for you!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

did that come with the multi ply snare or the solid 1 ply?

User Info Menu

did that come with the multi ply snare or the solid 1 ply?
    Solid 1 ply baby.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer
    Videos coming very soon.

Here is a new video guys./gals

does anyone else see the irony in the shirt he's wearing in the vid?
    Last edited by el presidente; 06-19-2007 at 10:27 PM.

User Info Menu

does anyone else see the irony in the shirt he's wearing in the vid?
    Can you say anything nice? or do you just want to nick pick everything I do? I still like the shirt, is that a problem with you el presidente?

User Info Menu

I'm just giving you a hard time dude. I'm not out to get you. I give people a hard time just to do it. I'm not out to hurt anyone's feelings. This is the first time i've done anything like this to you and you act like I've been on your case for months. WTF? the only other times we've interacted was when I disagreed with you on the tourque key, when I said that people shouldn't act like what they have is best for everyone and now when I point out the IRONY in this thread.

IT'S IRONIC AND OBVIOUS!!! I'm not berating you. I enjoy IRONY!!! I get a kick out of it. If I were trying to belittle you I would do more than point out the fact that you've had 4 drum kits in 3 months and wear a ddrum shirt after saying ddrum sucks. IT'S EFFING IRONY!!! AND IRONY IS FUNNY!!!

Laugh with me you can do it! DO IT!

So for the last time. Please, stop trying to read into what I say and take it for face value. And for the love of all that is good and holy in this world GET THE CHIP OFF YOUR SHOULDER!!!!!!

User Info Menu

I'm just giving you a hard time dude. I'm not out to get you. I give people a hard time just to do it. I'm not out to hurt anyone's feelings. This is the first time i've done anything like this to you and you act like I've been on your case for months. WTF? the only other times we've interacted was when I disagreed with you on the tourque key, when I said that people shouldn't act like what they have is best for everyone and now when I point out the IRONY in this thread.

IT'S IRONIC AND OBVIOUS!!! I'm not berating you. I enjoy IRONY!!! I get a kick out of it. If I were trying to belittle you I would do more than point out the fact that you've had 4 drum kits in 3 months and wear a ddrum shirt after saying ddrum sucks. IT'S EFFING IRONY!!! AND IRONY IS FUNNY!!!

Laugh with me you can do it! DO IT!

So for the last time. Please, stop trying to read into what I say and take it for face value. And for the love of all that is good and holy in this world GET THE CHIP OFF YOUR SHOULDER!!!!!!
    Good point man lol, actually it is kinda funny, I still think ddrum sucks, but I like the shirt, so all is good.

Three of those had serious defects(all ddrum), and I am a magnet for bad luck or something, but the more research I did on ddrum, the more I found out alot of other ddrum owners had very similar problems, I just got so fed up with ddrum. .

User Info Menu

Nice kit!:> When can ya do a quality sound recording of them i wanna hear the tambre!!!!! :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters