Thread: Wuhan sound clips?

User Info Menu

Default Wuhan sound clips?

Zildjian and sabian have a nice setup that allows you to get an idea of what their cymbals sound like but whuans website is a total let down. Granted they are a much smaller operation but I cant believe they dont have some kind of audio files or demos of their cymbals. It would help them sell their stuff. So I was curious if anyone here has come across another website that gives sounds for different brands of cymbals aside from zildjian and sabian. Thanks

User Info Menu

First, Turbo, welcome to DrumChat. It's a good group of folks in here.

As to the audio files, I have seen it said over and over that the audio files do not absolutely represent the sound of the cymbals, so maybe Wuhan is just being honest about it. The other thing that I was told by my music teacher is that because of the way Wuhan cymbals are made, no two are really alike, so you really have to hear each one for yourself. I have read articles online that say that you should always take your cymbals with you to the store when you are buying a new one, just to make sure that they sound good together.

Hope that helps.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

pastor bob has a great point, I currently use there splash pack and a 12" and 14" china and there 16" s series crash and I really like them, I get tons of compliments on my chinas, and everyone thinks my S series is a Zildjian A custom, cause it sounds like one, the best thing about Wuhans also is they are cheap $$ wise, anyway welcome.