Thread: Roland TD6 MIDI question

User Info Menu

Default Roland TD6 MIDI question

Hello all,

I have a question that I hope some of you guys can answer. First off, I have a Roland TD6. The TD6 comes with several play along songs already built in. One particular song I would like to edit and add some extra measures... The TD6 allows to edit certain features of a song (tempo, instruments, etc) but not adding measures.

So I was thinking... how difficult would it be to play the song, capture to my computer via MIDI, copy/add the measures I want, then write it back to the TD6 as a new user/custom song?

I have an iMac (with Garage Band) so I think the only thing I would need would be some sort of MIDI -> USB converter. I know just enough about MIDI to be dangerous but wondered if anyone has done anything like this before I go spend $$ for this effort.

Any thoughts, other ideas would be appreciated.

-thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland TD6 MIDI question

i just buy a td6 too
    i could not help you as i am a rookie on a e-kit
    so if i can learn something
    if you find something please share
    good luck

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

midi to usb is cheep but the audio hardware and cpu where you will have lag issues

i don't think if this is possible to transcribe the midi from internal sound scores ...but you might have more luck looking for backups of them on the net

in the end of the day you might having to write the song in garage band ...would be a good time to learn how to produce some music on a DAW

TKdrums50 Guest

Is the MIDI cord used to connect your set to your computer? If so, by using this cord can I upload sounds from Vexpressions to my set? Please help I really want to purchase the master 50 pack but I don't know what cord I need to connect my comp and set.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TKdrums50 View Post
    Is the MIDI cord used to connect your set to your computer? If so, by using this cord can I upload sounds from Vexpressions to my set? Please help I really want to purchase the master 50 pack but I don't know what cord I need to connect my comp and set.
    i just buy a cord midi to usb

that what i need for bfd2 and ezdrummer

i got it when i buy my kit but i like more the bfd2 choice so i will buy this soft

i wish it help i am just a rookie on e-kit

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

You wouldn't need to use midi, would you? Couldn't you capture the track thru the headphone output straight into your computer?

I didn't find anything interesting on my TD6 so I just downloaded every drumless track I could find on the net (several hundred).
    Last edited by NewTricks; 10-16-2011 at 08:58 PM.