Thread: Help learning to play marching snare

User Info Menu

Default Help learning to play marching snare

as the title says im looking to learn to play marching snare and have no idea where to start so any tips of advice would be good

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help learning to play marching snare

First of all, are you learning matched or traditional?

Second, as far as what to play, I definitely suggest you start looking at rudiments. Yes, I'm talking Paradiddles, double paradiddles, sextuplets, all of those boring things that, if they're played over, and over, and over again, will help you. Or so we say. But we say it because it's true.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

thanks, im trying to learn both to add more varity i hate rudiments there so boring but its gotta be done

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    as the title says im looking to learn to play marching snare and have no idea where to start so any tips of advice would be good
    Well ,you got to learn how to march and play at the same time.
    More than likely your most important function is playing a cadence so the other folks can march in time.
    Even if it's just tapping out a 4/4 quarter note while marching,you got to play it evenly and in time.
    You are walking and chewing gum at the same time so to speak.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

I must admit i love the sound of the marching snare