Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: head phones for drummin

User Info Menu

Default head phones for drummin

I think im gonna buy these, what do u think?
    http://www.vicfirth.com/product/gifs/sticks/SIH1.html

User Info Menu

oh 1 question, how much DB do stadered ear plugs block?

User Info Menu

12/24dB Is standard ear protection reductions... (One or the other... not both)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Just picked up those from samash last month. They work great. I was having problems hearing the music over the drums and that made it hard for me to play along with songs. Now I use the headphones and can hear the song along with the drums.
    I sleep with my sticks.

User Info Menu

nice thewiper101, but i got a question, can you hear the drums equally as good as the song? or does one drown each other out?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    12/24dB Is standard ear protection reductions... (One or the other... not both)

stevo, here are my ear plugs im using now. http://www.sentrysafetysupply.com/im...ZZ_%5B1%5D.jpg
    how many DB would they block comparied to these new vic firth drumming head phones?

User Info Menu

Lafirin, I think they tend to drown out the drums a little too much for my liking. I usually wear them a little bit off center to get more of the drum sound. I guess some kind of adjustable isolation would be ideal. But, I'm not sure if something like that is made. Just be careful if you wear them for a while and take them off go easy, that first crack on the snare seems awfully loud! I have only been playing for 4 months so they work for what I'm doing right now.
    I sleep with my sticks.

User Info Menu

thats what i was afraid of, the drums being drowned out. I use ear plugs and crank the volume and my ear plugs drown out the drums too, thats why i was looking at those vic firth headphones. But mabye not..

User Info Menu

I use them everytime I play to music. It's the only way I can control the volume of the drums and the music together for something that works for me.
    I sleep with my sticks.

User Info Menu

so you would reccommend them to me?

User Info Menu

Maybe check out the sony MDR-V 700 headphones. They are actually dj headphones, but are ridiulously loud and clear!! And since they aren't iso headphones they don't completly block out sound from the outside. And since they are over the ear, they do block out some sound.

User Info Menu

Hm i think i said before i got a industrial pair of headdies and put them over those little ipod things you put in your ears.... I would have tohught isolation would work better because you can just turn down the music till the drums are ok.... Less ear damage rather than having not iso headies and having to turn them up really loud to hear.....

Other wise u get loud drums defining you and music blasted straight into your ear canal too.

I think about ear protection but either work.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

so stevo, you still use your method of i pod headphones underneither industial headphones? Those vic firth probably work the same way yours do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    I think im gonna buy these, what do u think?
    http://www.vicfirth.com/product/gifs/sticks/SIH1.html
    I badly want a pair of those, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOO nice, and they sound awesome as well.

User Info Menu

yay one vote for the head phones! why dont u pick ur self up some? pd?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    yay one vote for the head phones! why dont u pick ur self up some? pd?
    No money, I am trying to sell some of my drum dvds, so I can get some cash to buy more drum stuff. I have four kids and a limited budget, so I got to get creative when it comes to buying drum gear, but my wife is so supportive, I love her to death.

User Info Menu

very true.. i forgot the whole family aspect. I saw some on the internet for about 50 bucks, so they are definatly affordable.

User Info Menu

Or? you can go the cheap way out

Buy a set of ear muffs for 5 dollars, put on your little ear bud thingys that MP3 players come with, wrap them around the top of your ear the cord, and then put the bud in so itll be upsidedown, then put some ear muffs over them, works great for me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post
    Or? you can go the cheap way out

Buy a set of ear muffs for 5 dollars, put on your little ear bud thingys that MP3 players come with, wrap them around the top of your ear the cord, and then put the bud in so itll be upsidedown, then put some ear muffs over them, works great for me
    Im hearing more and more people that use that method, it must be pretty useful. But i personally just wanna get better quaility. but that is a good idea, i never thought of doing that. right now i have to crank but head phones to hear over my drums..

User Info Menu

The Vic Firths are sweet. I would go with them ultimately. Wonder how tight they are. Coz i like head bangage so if they dont fall off easy that be cool
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

you head bang? thats so cool , well they are made with drummers in mind, so i assume they would hold, not entirely sure though.

User Info Menu

They don't fall off my head and I wear them a little pushed back to get more drum sound
    I sleep with my sticks.

User Info Menu

thewiper101 i got a little question for you, when your jammin away with ur vic firths on, can you hear your bass pedal okay? thats my biggest problem right now with my ear plugs

User Info Menu

Well you can definitely hear it. When you hit the bass along with a cymbal is when it gets drowned out the most. I play the music pretty loud through the headphones and can still hear the bass. It is however going to be the hardest one to hear.
    I sleep with my sticks.

User Info Menu

cool thanks man i really appreciate it, by the way, where did you buy them?/ ordeR?