Thread: 12x6,5 snare: 7 ply maple + Oak Burl veneer + copper plated h/w = awesomeness! :D

User Info Menu

Default 12x6,5 snare: 7 ply maple + Oak Burl veneer + copper plated h/w = awesomeness! :D

just finish building this baby i love it!

I just let the pics talk...

enjoy..

User Info Menu

Default Re: 12x6,5 snare: 7 ply maple + Oak Burl veneer + copper plated h/w = awesomeness! :D

User Info Menu

Default Re: 12x6,5 snare: 7 ply maple + Oak Burl veneer + copper plated h/w = awesomeness! :D

I love the copper hardware. I'd love to try different hardware when I start building snares. I don't know who can achieve the different looks though. For instance, I think a brushed metal look would be insane on a snare. Who does that, I have no idea. This is all stuff to figure out when I'm done building the shells, though. Nice build! Mad props!
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Beautiful as usual, Michael. Nice going!
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

That's like the setting sun... in snare drum form. That drum is nice man, never seen copper hardware before..
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

hello friends ,

You might have noticed out friend Michael is suffering from extreme gas...

if you would like you help please donate to our new new site www.michaelboughtanothersnare.omg

PS. looks tasty mate

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    hello friends ,

You might have noticed out friend Michael is suffering from extreme gas...

if you would like you help please donate to our new new site www.michaelboughtanothersnare.omg

PS. looks tasty mate
    haha :D thanks dude, but i didnt buy this one... a friend built this snare and I just borrowed it from him.. apparently he likes when I am doing the photo session..so there you go.. the "sunset" themed snare :D

Thanks a lot guys!

User Info Menu

Wow, that is magical!

User Info Menu

Wow! I've never seen copper hardware before, so I am stunned by the beauty of that snare. The oak veneer has a beautiful grain pattern, and I totally agree that "sunset" is a great description of the overall look. Beauty!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Looks like that snare should cost a pretty "penny"!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

Beautifull that is all I can say man I am awed.

User Info Menu

A beauty! That copper hardware looks awesome on it.

User Info Menu

Thank you guys! I do really appreciate it.. cheers

User Info Menu

are the hoops sealed ..if not do you think it might corrode over a long time ?

User Info Menu

I was just picking up my jaw from the floor when I noticed what that simply divine snare was placed on....and my jaw dropped again!

Micheal, please put that snare on something soft! I hope you placed it down real careful like.
    Current Set-Up - Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz, Paiste Signature

Damaru - The drum of Shiva.

Hows my drumming? http://soundcloud.com/bilton-grange

Say Hi - http://www.facebook.com/biltongrangemusic