Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chad smith and rhcp

User Info Menu

Default chad smith and rhcp

favorite songs?

User Info Menu

dont know what rhcp means but i like chad smith!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin
    dont know what rhcp means but i like chad smith!
    rchp means RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS, the band chad plays for.

I never really got into there stuff, it is not that I did not like, just never really listened to it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can
    favorite songs?
    give it away, give it away, give it away now........

User Info Menu

I have too many favorites from the RHCP.......

User Info Menu

RHCP are probably my favourite band...
    Seriously, listen to Give it Away and try to listen to the bass drum. And the Greeting Song...he's insanely good at drums.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

I love Funk. I like Mellowship and Brothers Cup, True Men Don't Kill Coyotes, Suck My Kiss, Right On Time, i love Funk.

p.s. Funk
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

slinky mellowship in B minor :P kewl song to play bass in. :P

I love it all there is a point where their first stuff wasnt that great then later on they were great. Then slunk back with their newer stuff..... But they do really well i think i love it all! :> Chad dont play double bass either :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

cant stop..californication..dani california..

User Info Menu

ohhh, in that case I like the song parallell

User Info Menu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFFt_S6qx0k

look at the constant foot movement on both pedals, on a set thats not even his

User Info Menu

wow... i had no idea he was such a good drummer. I knew he was good but not that good

User Info Menu

Sorry, i just don't find him that good. Like i'm not saying he is bad, i just don't think he is anything special above any other rock drummer out there in pretty much any other band. But hey, i got nothing against him and if all you guys like him, i got no problems with that.

Oh and BTW for me it would be Aeroplane, Under the Bridge, and Hump De Bump - don't know why, just like it.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    Sorry, i just don't find him that good. Like i'm not saying he is bad, i just don't think he is anything special above any other rock drummer out there in pretty much any other band. But hey, i got nothing against him and if all you guys like him, i got no problems with that.

Oh and BTW for me it would be Aeroplane, Under the Bridge, and Hump De Bump - don't know why, just like it.
    I completely agree, he is a superb pocket player, and has excellent timing, but that is it, no fancy stuff, but actually being a pocket player and keeping time is the most important thing in drumming, so I guess he is really good at that, I have just seen a ton better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    I completely agree, he is a superb pocket player, and has excellent timing, but that is it, no fancy stuff, but actually being a pocket player and keeping time is the most important thing in drumming, so I guess he is really good at that, I have just seen a ton better.
    Yeah, I guess. But if we are gonna talk about drumemrs like that, then my vote would go to Daniel Adair or Chad Szeliga - i reckon those guys are better - not because they use double kick (although they both do it very well, placing it perfectly in their songs) but just the way they play I think is better, but again, that is my opinion.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I guess. But if we are gonna talk about drumemrs like that, then my vote would go to Daniel Adair or Chad Szeliga - i reckon those guys are better - not because they use double kick (although they both do it very well, placing it perfectly in their songs) but just the way they play I think is better, but again, that is my opinion.
    Never heard of them before, who do they play for?

User Info Menu

Never heard of them before, who do they play for?
    Nickelback and Breaking Benjamin respectively. Also Jermey, the original drummer for Breaking Benjamin as pretty impressive aswell, and Dnaiel is the one we can think for the introduction of double kick and into Nickelback too - he is actually really good - look them up on youtube and you will see what I mean. There is one there where Chad is showing how to play Diary of Jane with one foot, not using double kick, it's part of a 3 part seriars of drum lessons for their fan club where he shows single foot techniques to practise and then shows how it helps by example of playing diary of Jane using only single kick, along wiht a few other bits and pieces too.

User Info Menu

Nickelback and Breaking Benjamin respectively. Also Jermey, the original drummer for Breaking Benjamin as pretty impressive aswell, and Dnaiel is the one we can think for the introduction of double kick and into Nickelback too - he is actually really good - look them up on youtube and you will see what I mean. There is one there where Chad is showing how to play Diary of Jane with one foot, not using double kick, it's part of a 3 part seriars of drum lessons for their fan club where he shows single foot techniques to practise and then shows how it helps by example of playing diary of Jane using only single kick, along wiht a few other bits and pieces too.
    O man i love the drummer from breaking Benjamins, he is great, he adds all kinds of fun little things in his songs. And yes the new drummer for nickleback is also very good, way better than there old drummers.

User Info Menu

O man i love the drummer from breaking Benjamins, he is great, he adds all kinds of fun little things in his songs. And yes the new drummer for nickleback is also very good, way better than there old drummers.

Do you mean like all the little taps and things like that on the splashes while he is palying? Yeah, I like that sort of thing too.

I realise aswell that those guys are a different style to Chad Smith, generally speaking, but, first, RHCP play mostly pop rock and funk style stuff - so the rock element is still there and his solos are mostly based around rock style drumming, and even discounting that the other guys use double kick, they are still infinately better at it than him.

Secondly, the funk element I would think should make him a more flarish drummer, as funk style playing will often do that, with more syncopated time signatures and rhythms and such and usually brings about more interesting fills and that - which he doesn't do anything really like that, at least not that I have heard or seen. When he does a solo, he just starts of hitting slowly, then gets faster and faster and then might break into a basic rhythm that doesn't do much, then just hit fast and make more noise again. I just don't get it.

User Info Menu

dandiel is such a good drummer, i agree with you their. I guess me and i think other people underestimate drummers like chad, because all you hear is the song, which is not very fancy, but when you see them lettin loose then you see thier real potential

User Info Menu

yeah chads not the best. But i love what he can do.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Can anyone use hi-hat techniques like he does?
    It probably isn't all that special, but it's my favorite piece on the set and most appealing to my ear so I notice it easily. I haven't ben able to get down some of their stuff just because of the hat technique.

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

some thing people do with hi hats in song.. i tell ya it sounds so cool but it sounds so complicated

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Can anyone use hi-hat techniques like he does?
    It probably isn't all that special, but it's my favorite piece on the set and most appealing to my ear so I notice it easily. I haven't ben able to get down some of their stuff just because of the hat technique.

Man it is all feel, just play what you feel, once you get it down you will realize how simple it is, I think the hats are the most expressive instrument on the kit, Carter Beauford is a prime example of the letting loose on the hats, and playing what you feel.

User Info Menu

I love the hats. They are the coolest :> Thats why peple normally have more than one on their kit :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters