Thread: DW 3000 series Boom Cymbal Stand

User Info Menu

Default DW 3000 series Boom Cymbal Stand

Cheap sturdy piece of hardware. Features:

Memory locks
    Fine tooth tilter
    Double braced legs
    Plastic tube insulators (I actually don't know what that means, but according to Drum Workshop it significantly reduces rattling while recording, I don't record so I wouldn't know)

Price: $72.99 CDN (Long & Mcquade)

I would classify this as a medium weight stand, it isn't really light, but it isn't unbelievably heavy. It becomes pretty small when you completely contract it, and you are able to take out the boom, re-position the piece that holds it, and then when you slide it back in, the boom goes into the main tubing.

DW isn't baffling with BS. When they say fine tooth tilter, it really does adjust well. I could get almost any angle I wanted.

Overall it's a good portable stand with reasonable weight for its portability, its not particularly heavy, but not light as a feather either.

The tripod is double braced, (I honestly haven't seen a stand, in my life, that wasn't double braced) So far I've only be using it for a couple days, but one leg is off my carpet, and it hasn't budged since I put it there.

But...
    The felts that come with it are really thick and don't give the cymbal much room to move when you put the wing nut on. So I took out the felts, and swapped them with the ones I had on my ride stand (which is not a DW, and they are the felts that came with the stand) since my ride doesn't really need to move, at least not as much as the crash I have on it does.

That is really my only complaint, but it really isn't a big deal, and I haven't played with them much so they would probably compact a little after a while.

I'll have some pictures by monday.

Conclusion: Great stand for its price. Can't go wrong to be honest. Portable, reasonably weighted. Sturdy boom, memory locks, sturdy frame, and tripod, all of which is very adjustable. Go for it, if you don't feel like spending a hundred or more on a higher end cymbal stand.
    5 Piece Pearl kit 12" 13" 16" toms, 14" snare.
    16" Sabian XS20 Rock Crash
    20" Sabian XS20 Medium Ride
    14" Sabian AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats
    18" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash
    19" Sabian AAX-Treme Chinese - pending
    Pearl Power Stroke Eliminator X Double kick pedal
    "The things that are worth knowing, cannot be taught." -Oscar Wilde
    "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you're right!." -Henry Ford

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW 3000 series Boom Cymbal Stand

Thanks, Fifty
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW 3000 series Boom Cymbal Stand

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkat View Post
    Thanks, Fifty
    Haha, thanks. I figured I might as well since, most people, like me, have (or had in my case) no idea where to start with stands. (When starting out)
    5 Piece Pearl kit 12" 13" 16" toms, 14" snare.
    16" Sabian XS20 Rock Crash
    20" Sabian XS20 Medium Ride
    14" Sabian AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats
    18" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash
    19" Sabian AAX-Treme Chinese - pending
    Pearl Power Stroke Eliminator X Double kick pedal
    "The things that are worth knowing, cannot be taught." -Oscar Wilde
    "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you're right!." -Henry Ford