Thread: Double Bass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Double Bass

Hey guys, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new (to me) double bass pedal. Just wondered what sort of exercises I can do?

I figured if I did paradiddles, and triplets that'd help. Anything else I can do?

Also, what songs can I learn, I'm into Lamb Of God so I won't be playing any Adler this minute. So anything else I can?

Thanks,

Aiden.

My Kit:
    Mapex Horizon HZB in Transparrent Cherry.
    Consisting of 10" and 16" Toms.
    14" Snare and 22" Bass.
    Toms have Aquarian Perfomance II, snare has ambassador coated.

Cymbal Array:
    14" Pearl CX-200 Hats.
    16" B8 Rock Crash.
    20" Paiste 400 Power Ride.
    10" Meinl MCS Splash.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Double Bass

Thomas Lang's Matrix

User Info Menu

There's two books I'd recommend for this, "Stick Control" and "The Encyclopedia Of Double Bass Drumming".

If you take the time to really learn each exercise to it's fullest and apply the exercises in different ways, I don't think there will be anything you can't do.

Also, if you're looking for a something to help with coordinating all your limbs together I'd recommend "4-Way Coordination" and Ted Reed's "Syncopation"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator42009 View Post
    There's two books I'd recommend for this, "Stick Control" and "The Encyclopedia Of Double Bass Drumming".

If you take the time to really learn each exercise to it's fullest and apply the exercises in different ways, I don't think there will be anything you can't do.

Also, if you're looking for a something to help with coordinating all your limbs together I'd recommend "4-Way Coordination" and Ted Reed's "Syncopation"
    +1000 for mentioning "The Encyclopedia Of Double Bass Drumming".....and fact all those books.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Calf raises!!!!!