Thread: 4 New Videos, with new kit.

User Info Menu

Default 4 New Videos, with new kit.

Hey all,

Well I made 4 new videos last night, I am very proud of all of them, but especially the video SOAK by onesidezero, soak has some very cool odd time stuff going on that took a little time to learn, when you hear it, it sounds easy, but then you start playing and you quickly realize he is playing some very cool odd time stuff, I finally got it down pretty good, so check it out. and please let me know what you think, I love getting all your feedback.

SOAK by onesidezero
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2038573509

A point in time by onesidezero
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2038576539

Crazy mary(live)by Pearl Jam
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2038579922

For you by Staind
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2038585752

User Info Menu

Trying to get your myspace hits up ey.... ey :P lol

Man i only head half of the first one and its sounding sweet. Im loving that kit you have it like perfect. I dont know why you would go up toa DW. Except for a better finish if you wanted something different.

Loving your sound lets hear how you play :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

man it looks like you have your toms at like a 5 degree angle..isnt that hard to play with? i keep mine at like 45

User Info Menu

dude seriously. WHAT ARE YOU DOING PLAYING COVERS!

You have some serious talent. How long did it take you to learn them? To nail them so right. I like to think i write some obscure stuff but i cant pull off other peoples songs perfectly.

Im so stoked for you pdp. That kit really does justise... You know it so well. You should really work on that obscure stuff and understand it better... what you were playing was just 3/4.... Try playing 3/4 4/4 combo's in one song. That is fun :>

Oh so STOKEDFOR YOU!
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice
    man it looks like you have your toms at like a 5 degree angle..isnt that hard to play with? i keep mine at like 45
    Nah. Think about it. You play on 45 you get a weird angle on your stroke. Play from above your drums and keep them angled down low then you hit down onto them. A good strong hit gives it a nice sound Get your stool and put it up heaps and flatten your toms, You should hear a difference. I use to do the 45... I learnt the lesser angle is the better <(Matter of opinion dont start going off at me.)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    dude seriously. WHAT ARE YOU DOING PLAYING COVERS!

You have some serious talent. How long did it take you to learn them? To nail them so right. I like to think i write some obscure stuff but i cant pull off other peoples songs perfectly.

Im so stoked for you pdp. That kit really does justise... You know it so well. You should really work on that obscure stuff and understand it better... what you were playing was just 3/4.... Try playing 3/4 4/4 combo's in one song. That is fun :>

Oh so STOKEDFOR YOU!
    Thank you so much man, but I would not say I play them so right, but I am trying, but thanks.

Actually I am in a band and we right some pretty cool stuff, very ambiant progressive type stuff, we just got our studio up and running, so we are going to start tracking and getting our demo started.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice
    I guess that is what is comfortable for me, 45 is way to much.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    Nah. Think about it. You play on 45 you get a weird angle on your stroke. Play from above your drums and keep them angled down low then you hit down onto them. A good strong hit gives it a nice sound Get your stool and put it up heaps and flatten your toms, You should hear a difference. I use to do the 45... I learnt the lesser angle is the better <(Matter of opinion dont start going off at me.)
    I agree completely, at a 45 you are not getting proper stroke, you are not hitting the stick properly on the head, and you just won't get a real good sound when you have them angled this way, sorry man but any pro will tell you the same thing.

I set mine up because like the snare I love to get that fat rimshot off my toms as well as my snare, so angling them the way I do, I can achieve this, also this is just way more comfortable for me.

User Info Menu

Look at buddy rich. Someone said that he angled his snare away from him. I would agree to that on a side stick playing... You should be able to play it flat if your normal stick

I love your double hi hat as well. Its inspired me. Playing open is way better for ya.

And you do alright coz you do have to remember the whole song. It would take you ages to cover a song i like because every bar is different and never repeates (Exagerated but ya know)

Keep going dood your sick :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

You should send me an MP3 of one of your songs without drums and let me see what I can come up with, you music sounds very cool, and would be a great learning tool for me to expand my drumming.

User Info Menu

I think this is what drumbum does, correct me if im wrong drumbum, but you play song covers with the right beat and the right fills, but you just add your own little things in once and while that fit the song?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    I think this is what drumbum does, correct me if im wrong drumbum, but you play song covers with the right beat and the right fills, but you just add your own little things in once and while that fit the song?
    Actually man I just love these songs that I am playing to, I am just trying my best to play along to them, I do like to add my own little spice into it, but that is difficult. because when I do, it sounds like I am off beat, basically I love playing the drums, I love playing along to my favorite bands, I love playing in my band were I can come up with my own parts and share my ideas.

User Info Menu

sweet man!

User Info Menu

i would love to see you play "in regards to my own" - Underoath.

If you like weird learn that before i come up with something for ya :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters