Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about this?

User Info Menu

Default What do you think about this?

I'm getting real tired of not having a drum kit, I was thinking about purchasing this little kit until I can get my Roland TD-20? Anyone know anything about it? It's so little and it will fit in my living room and will be easy to transport into my bedroom when I want to practice....... I think this may be the way to go for now....... I NEED SOMETHING OTHER THEN MY PRACTICE PAD!!!!!

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showit...subsearch=true

User Info Menu

Well I dont really know much about electric kits but I do think its possibly time for you to move on to a kit. you have done really well practicing on the pad for so long. I think when you move onto a kit, you will be inspired big time. You can put everything you have learned on the pad to the kit now!

User Info Menu

Hello

I've been looking at electronic kits too. The Rolands are definately the best out there from what I've read the past couple of days. However, I just can't bring myself to spend that much money for as little as you get. I'm seriously looking at this one:

Yamaha

I'm thinking of getting this, then using the money I "saved" on some extra pads.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    I'm getting real tired of not having a drum kit, I was thinking about purchasing this little kit until I can get my Roland TD-20? Anyone know anything about it? It's so little and it will fit in my living room and will be easy to transport into my bedroom when I want to practice....... I think this may be the way to go for now....... I NEED SOMETHING OTHER THEN MY PRACTICE PAD!!!!!

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showit...subsearch=true
    That is an awesome kit sue, perfect for you, I have personnelly played that exact kit, and actually I really enjoyed alot, I think that would be a great kit for you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    That is an awesome kit sue, perfect for you, I have personnelly played that exact kit, and actually I really enjoyed alot, I think that would be a great kit for you.
    Gotta start saving unless I can talk my hubby into getting it for me..... I just keep whining until he caves LOL

User Info Menu

Gotta start saving unless I can talk my hubby into getting it for me..... I just keep whining until he caves LOL
    EXCELLANT

User Info Menu

I think that little drum set is perfect for me........ I gotta do something, this practice pad crapola is getting old LOL

User Info Menu

I think that little drum set is perfect for me........ I gotta do something, this practice pad crapola is getting old LOL
    It is hard to progress when you have nothing to progress on, just do it Sue.

User Info Menu

u wanna buy a 3 thousand dollar electric kit before u buy a "real" kit..holy crap u must be rich

User Info Menu

It is hard to progress when you have nothing to progress on, just do it Sue.
    You're so right Kev, but it's been difficult to explain that to my husband........ He thinks I can get good by doing my rudiments on my practice pad for the next five years......I talked to the drummer in his band and he's going to talk to him for me LOL!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice View Post
    u wanna buy a 3 thousand dollar electric kit before u buy a "real" kit..holy crap u must be rich
    No some people just prefer electric over acoustic, I see no problem with that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice View Post
    The kit I want now is only $800.00, the kit I will have some day is about $6,000.00. Money is no object, the space is what I don't have..........

User Info Menu

You're so right Kev, but it's been difficult to explain that to my husband........ He thinks I can get good by doing my rudiments on my practice pad for the next five years......I talked to the drummer in his band and he's going to talk to him for me LOL!
    I will talk to him Sue just have him read up on this forum or something, he is just uneducated in the drum world, we need to educate him damnit

User Info Menu

I will talk to him Sue just have him read up on this forum or something, he is just uneducated in the drum world, we need to educate him damnit
    LOL!!!!!! I'm working on it! I was just looking at the drums earlier and sighing, I think he'll buy them for me...... He wants to buy something for his band that costs about $750.00, I'll tell him he must buy me my kit before he buys that or else! (Yeah, that will work LOL)

User Info Menu

The kit I want now is only $800.00, the kit I will have some day is about $6,000.00. Money is no object, the space is what I don't have..........
    Although Sue you could get the sickest DW kit for that kind of money, buying a DW kit is an investment, they hold there resale value very well. Stupid space limitations.

User Info Menu

LOL!!!!!! I'm working on it! I was just looking at the drums earlier and sighing, I think he'll buy them for me...... He wants to buy something for his band that costs about $750.00, I'll tell him he must buy me my kit before he buys that or else! (Yeah, that will work LOL)
    You go girl

User Info Menu

Although Sue you could get the sickest DW kit for that kind of money, buying a DW kit is an investment, they hold there resale value very well. Stupid space limitations.
    My hubby told me if I ever get good enough to play in a band he will buy me an acoustic kit as well and I will have my DW's!

User Info Menu

My hubby told me if I ever get good enough to play in a band he will buy me an acoustic kit as well and I will have my DW's!
    Now were talking.

User Info Menu

Now were talking.
    Oh Yeah, and that's why I want to get my hands on something I can play, not just a practice pad, cymbal and kick. I need something I can move around on. Right now I can do a good amount of beats using the snare, hi-hat and bass but my fills are totally lacking.... I need something I can get down and dirty with LOL

User Info Menu

Oh Yeah, and that's why I want to get my hands on something I can play, not just a practice pad, cymbal and kick. I need something I can move around on. Right now I can do a good amount of beats using the snare, hi-hat and bass but my fills are totally lacking.... I need something I can get down and dirty with LOL
    Heck yea, you want to lay down some phat grooves and sick rolls over the kit, you need a kit sue, BAD.

User Info Menu

Drum Chick... not that I would EVER advocate this and, I'd probably be banned from the male species for saying this and, it's not like the female species doesn't do this ALL THE TIME for jewelry and stuff but................ You could always blackmail him by withholding favors until you get the drumset you want. OOOOOOOH Did I SAY THAT????

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stix518 View Post
    Drum Chick... not that I would EVER advocate this and, I'd probably be banned from the male species for saying this and, it's not like the female species doesn't do this ALL THE TIME for jewelry and stuff but................ You could always blackmail him by withholding favors until you get the drumset you want. OOOOOOOH Did I SAY THAT????

Stix
    Great minds think alike.......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stix518 View Post

Stix
    YES, thats the ticket.

User Info Menu

Hmmm, as a kid, ill give you my best advice

Do your best around the house, have dinner ready, keep it clean all the time

Dont aim so high, that roland, amazing kit, but its what? 2 grand? if i were you id aim for something more around 1k

Sit down and talk to him, be serious, talk about how youve learned rudiments, and your tired of being on a hat, bass and snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post
    Hmmm, as a kid, ill give you my best advice

Do your best around the house, have dinner ready, keep it clean all the time

Dont aim so high, that roland, amazing kit, but its what? 2 grand? if i were you id aim for something more around 1k

Sit down and talk to him, be serious, talk about how youve learned rudiments, and your tired of being on a hat, bass and snare

I'm doing laundry and dishes as we speak! LOL