Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOW It's Here - Pix!!!

User Info Menu

Default NOW It's Here - Pix!!!

As promised, here you go. My new (used) Sonor S-Class complete. I'm using the refurbished chrome as my primary snare and awaiting a snare stand for the one that came with the set - it will be my secondary. Two completely different sounds. Man, this set sounds absolutely tremendous. Booming bass, nice rich tom sounds. Hey, I'm also auditioning for a band tomorrow!

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/DSCF0004.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/DSCF0002.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/DSCF0001.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/DSCF0003.jpg

Sorry the pix are so bad - lousy background, lousy camera, lousy cameraman. You know what that means... lousy pix!!!

Stix
    Last edited by Stix518; 06-22-2007 at 08:37 PM.
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

I just checked out pdplayers set and now I'm embarrassed. Nice set man! Maybe I should just put my tail between my legs and head on home

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats

User Info Menu

Another AWESOME drum kit! Nice Stix!

And a big GOOD LUCK for tomorrow!

User Info Menu

Thanks Drum Chick, I'll let you all know how I make out. And thanks for the compliment re. the set although, like I said, PDP has a truly awesome kit.

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stix518 View Post
    As promised, here you go. My new (used) Sonor S-Class complete. I'm using the refurbished chrome as my primary snare and awaiting a snare stand for the one that came with the set - it will be my secondary. Two completely different sounds. Man, this set sounds absolutely tremendous. Booming bass, nice rich tom sounds. Hey, I'm also auditioning for a band tomorrow!

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/DSCF0004.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/DSCF0002.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/DSCF0001.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/DSCF0003.jpg

Sorry the pix are so bad - lousy background, lousy camera, lousy cameraman. You know what that means... lousy pix!!!

Stix
    Dude you have NOTHING to be ashamed of or embarrassed that is a beautiful kit, I love the finish, we need to talk about your tom placement however, cause dude those are set up very awkward. Let me know if you would likes some tips.

GOODLUCK TOMORROW MAN

User Info Menu

Absolutely! Clue me in! Never worked with this type of Tom rig before. My last Sonor kit had the ball action and was very, very easy for placement. This mounting system has to work on two axis and it's tough to find the right set (although I do have all the mem locks so once I finally get it, it will be great!) Thanks PDP - could use your expertise!

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare

User Info Menu

sweet man looks awesome..enjoy it!!

User Info Menu

Can you tell me what kind of finish I have? I have the one in the back round
    on the third picture

User Info Menu

Thanks Drum Chick, I'll let you all know how I make out. And thanks for the compliment re. the set although, like I said, PDP has a truly awesome kit.

Stix
    Yes, absolutely let us all know how you make out tomorrow, we're all rooting for you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by _Roxy_ View Post
    Can you tell me what kind of finish I have? I have the one in the back round
    on the third picture
    Judging by the color it looks like a pearl white wrap or just a white wrap.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Judging by the color it looks like a pearl white wrap or just a white wrap.
    It is probably a white wrap. Thanks. I new at the whole "drumming" thing.

User Info Menu

Stay in this forum Roxy and you'll learn A LOT! There's a bunch of great drummers with a wealth of knowledge in here. Keep asking questions and in no time you will be on your way to becoming a great drummer........

User Info Menu

Im loving that finish

But as PDPlayer said, your tom placement is really weird to me, it could just be your cup of tea, but i think me and PDP are both talking about the spacing between your toms, theres a big gap, if i were you

I would turn the things forward, and angle the toms down, so there close together, and closer to your snare, easier to roll down, and to go from one to another, thats what i think at least, but if thats how you play, then by all means, dont take any of that advice

Goodluck with that kit!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post
    Im loving that finish

But as PDPlayer said, your tom placement is really weird to me, it could just be your cup of tea, but i think me and PDP are both talking about the spacing between your toms, theres a big gap, if i were you

I would turn the things forward, and angle the toms down, so there close together, and closer to your snare, easier to roll down, and to go from one to another, thats what i think at least, but if thats how you play, then by all means, dont take any of that advice

Goodluck with that kit!
    Absolutely, could not have said it better myself, did you get my PM stix.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Stay in this forum Roxy and you'll learn A LOT! There's a bunch of great drummers with a wealth of knowledge in here. Keep asking questions and in no time you will be on your way to becoming a great drummer........
    Thanks. I just got verified so I can ask questions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by _Roxy_ View Post
    Thanks. I just got verified so I can ask questions.
    Well then an official welcome to the forum is in order......WELCOME

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Well then an official welcome to the forum is in order......WELCOME
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

Sorry Pdp, didn't get your PM but I've taken the above advice and sort of brought the center into more of a V shape which brought the toms much closer together and then angled them down so thank you and CH33 for your excellent advice!

Roxy: That set in the background is actually my very first set that I got around 1969... I believe it is a Royce 6 piece that was originally gold sparkle. It has a vintage Slingerland hat stand and an original Ludwig Speed King BD pedal with the internal screws. About 25 years ago, after getting all banged up through playing out, moving, storage, etc., I decided to give it a new look and stripped the shells then used a white laquer spray paint, Highlited it with black electrical tape and took off the bottom heads (it was the thing to do at the time). Actually, the recently rehabed Sonor Snare was what was with that set (yeah, I know, doesn't make sense). I recently bought them a CB700 beginners snare and it is with that kit, I rehabed the Sonor snare and that is now with mine. Now the old beater set is what my three sons bang around on and they're as happy as clams.

Thanks for all your good wishes regarding tomorrow. I'll be on tomorrow nite to let you know how I made out.

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare

User Info Menu

Thats wicked man better than no kit at all. Thats where i am atm :(
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

while the setup is a little iffy, there is nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to sonor s class shells. they are some of the best made and best sounding shells on the market. you cant do much better than those.

User Info Menu

Is that a paint chip or a chip off a ply?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Hey Stix, it may be used, but it's beautiful! Congrats on the new kit! With your experience, I'm sure those drums will sing! It's nice to have you around here.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Sorry Pdp, didn't get your PM but I've taken the above advice and sort of brought the center into more of a V shape which brought the toms much closer together and then angled them down so thank you and CH33 for your excellent advice!

Roxy: That set in the background is actually my very first set that I got around 1969... I believe it is a Royce 6 piece that was originally gold sparkle. It has a vintage Slingerland hat stand and an original Ludwig Speed King BD pedal with the internal screws. About 25 years ago, after getting all banged up through playing out, moving, storage, etc., I decided to give it a new look and stripped the shells then used a white laquer spray paint, Highlited it with black electrical tape and took off the bottom heads (it was the thing to do at the time). Actually, the recently rehabed Sonor Snare was what was with that set (yeah, I know, doesn't make sense). I recently bought them a CB700 beginners snare and it is with that kit, I rehabed the Sonor snare and that is now with mine. Now the old beater set is what my three sons bang around on and they're as happy as clams.

Thanks for all your good wishes regarding tomorrow. I'll be on tomorrow nite to let you know how I made out.

Stix
    I don't know what that means,(neither does he -> )I just know I have 5 drums, and 3 cymbals. The cymbals say zildijian and my drums say Sunlite. Thanks for responding!!

User Info Menu

SteveO: Actually, in the pix there's a reflection of the overhead flourescent light and a reflection of the cymbal stand - no chip there. There are a few minor chips where either a stand or the drum rubbed against the shell not deep gouges tho. I touched them up with a Cherry Maple Furniture Marker and, unless you look close, you can't tell the difference.

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare

User Info Menu

WOOHOO! :>

I should pay more attention :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook