Drum Domains
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Closed Thread

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Closed Thread

    wow, guess I got home from the gig to late. Guy's i didn't even see the last few reply's of the thread in question that I posted on.. You know which one. But I was the last poster, and it made me feel kind of bad as I was not pointing fingers. I was just relateing experiences. I feel as long as there is no foul language, personal attacks, " and I apologize if any taken". I am talking about opinions, that is free speech. I prefer not to tolerate curseing, lewd sexual expressions, etc. But we might be a little thin skinned here.
    We should be able to express a opinion, even if it is not agreed upon by all.
    Or a experience that relates to the subject without prejudice.
    Last edited by VIbes; 10-30-2011 at 04:13 AM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    I complete agree with you on this vibes. I wish we could all always get along but sometimes people have a strong feeling and thats it. NBD guys, we don't hate each other, just disagree sometimes.
    -Steven

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    I am open to peoples own opinions, but for me when someone makes their point and then continues to lash back at others opinions it gets old fast. It doesn't take much to turn me off of those types of threads. Say your peace/opinion and move on. This isn't pointed at you Vibes, I was referring to the thread that got closed. Some people just live to argue. All the best.

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Debate is good for the soul.

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Debate is always good. I'm not so sure I would call much of what goes on online debate however.
    Jesse

    1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    unfortunately online discussions get misinterpreted due to lack of tone. its difficult to understand the true intent of a post or reply. what is intended as lighthearted gets garbled. its very easy to hide behind a keyboard. lately ive felt a weird vibe going on with us and i feel its because we are all passionate about drums and to be shot down in print, or to feel like we have been is like a dark cloud over us.
    Pearl MCX man, im glad you are back.
    i left another forum because i didnt feel comfortable and im glad i did.
    i can only do my part here by no longer being opinionated yet offer suggestions.
    its all in the delivery guys and gals

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    When things apparently get personal....debate ends,opinions become "attacks", often unintentional, sometimes as an effort to "educate" others...maybe that's when pm's should come into play?
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

    http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    When things apparently get personal....debate ends,opinions become "attacks", often unintentional, sometimes as an effort to "educate" others...maybe that's when pm's should come into play?
    Well put slinglander.

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    For most, the importance of winning a disagreement in front of their peers comes before making sense.
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

    Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

    DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    I feel like I'm playing Whack a Mole. Everytime I close this thread, a new one pops up. I'm anxious to get this behind us but I'll compromise. I'll leave this thread up for a day. Everyone get in everything they want to say and then we're going to move on.
    - Tom

    Everyone loves FREE... like this free drum forum. But like your car and even your drums, they require upkeep and maintenance and that requires money.

    Will you consider Shopping at Drum Bum to help support this forum?

    Or make a donation here.



    I know from working with Drum Bum through the years, that this forum is costly to run. It requires server fees, hosting, ongoing moderation, advertising, software upgrades, security certificates and IT work when it breaks. All in addition to the expenses that come from running a business. These costs are offset (hopefully) by members that click through to Drum Bum to make a purchase now and then, if not make a contribution to help keep it running.

    On behalf of Drum Bum, thank you for your consideration.


  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Time to ban everyone and start fresh!

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    Time to ban everyone and start fresh!
    Darn! Just when I was getting used to this place!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.





    For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

    Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Sudo superban
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    Sudo superban
    Who's root today?
    - poodlesdrum
    Could someone get this George Orwell fellow on the phone, please...!

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I feel like I'm playing Whack a Mole. Everytime I close this thread, a new one pops up. I'm anxious to get this behind us but I'll compromise. I'll leave this thread up for a day. Everyone get in everything they want to say and then we're going to move on.
    "....we're going to move on." Another closure?! Here we go again. So even a level headed discussion about the subject of closing threads is reason enough to close a thread? Really? This has become a bigger problem than the original thread that started all of this.

    This is too funny. Over-moderation is (in my opinion) worse than no moderation. It's your site, so do as you please.
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ntn2it View Post
    "....we're going to move on." Another closure?! Here we go again. So even a level headed discussion about the subject of closing threads is reason enough to close a thread? Really? This has become a bigger problem than the original thread that started all of this.

    This is too funny. Over-moderation is (in my opinion) worse than no moderation. It's your site, so do as you please.
    We are doing what we please. That's the whole point. Here, this is a good post on the subject: http://www.drumchat.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=33

    I'm tired of rehashing. Anyone that doesn't like it here can leave. Nobody's keeping you here.
    - Tom

    Everyone loves FREE... like this free drum forum. But like your car and even your drums, they require upkeep and maintenance and that requires money.

    Will you consider Shopping at Drum Bum to help support this forum?

    Or make a donation here.



    I know from working with Drum Bum through the years, that this forum is costly to run. It requires server fees, hosting, ongoing moderation, advertising, software upgrades, security certificates and IT work when it breaks. All in addition to the expenses that come from running a business. These costs are offset (hopefully) by members that click through to Drum Bum to make a purchase now and then, if not make a contribution to help keep it running.

    On behalf of Drum Bum, thank you for your consideration.


  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    I don't know why people are surprised about thread closings when the thread has the same conversations in it as the ones that closed... I don't think it's over moderation, and I don't see a problem with anything about this site other than people thinking they're entitled to argue with other members. It's been said countless times that sharing opinions is fine up until people becoming so opinionated that only their opinion is right. Then there's arguments and drummer has to close threads before everybody hates eachother thus making the point of the forum (A community of friendly drummers with helpful advice) void. So I don't know why it's hard to get. Obviously we're all different. Some prefer clicks, some don't. Some like tatoos, some don't. It goes for all the banned topics. You all fought about them and they got banned. Why do you act surprised and put off when thread after thread goes down and it's all for the same flipping reason?!

    I like this forum. It's the only forum I'm a real part of. The recent outbreak of complaining about this "over moderation" is putting a damper on that so everybody should seriously just quit. If anything can be done by the mods it can by an addition to the rules not allowing whining.
    Last edited by IAmNotATable; 10-30-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

    Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

    DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

  18. #18

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I'm tired of rehashing. Anyone that doesn't like it here can leave. Nobody's keeping you here.
    This. They've stated why they do what do, and they're not going to change, so if you have a problem with it, simply leave. There's no point whatsoever in arguing with it, and there would be no issues at all if we were to just drop it. I really like what NPYYZ said about this forum and how it's a privilege not a right. I'm apart of a number of forums, music and non-music, I can say that this is the most relaxed forum by far, because of how they run it. Up until recently, this forum had very little to no drama. It would probably go back to the way it was if we could just simply drop this subject.
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

  19. #19

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Guys I have a fantastic idea

    Lets argue, then argue over why the thread was closed, then argue about what level of argument is considered worthy of closing a thread. Then whine about how moderation is unfair because they denied you the privilege of voicing your opinion to some guy on the other side of the world.

    cute
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

    -Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

    "Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

  20. #20

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by constinator25 View Post
    guys i have a fantastic idea

    lets argue, then argue over why the thread was closed, then argue about what level of argument is considered worthy of closing a thread. Then whine about how moderation is unfair because they denied you the privilege of voicing your opinion to some guy on the other side of the world.

    Cute
    LOL
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

  21. #21

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kyle102565 View Post
    unfortunately online discussions get misinterpreted due to lack of tone. its difficult to understand the true intent of a post or reply. what is intended as lighthearted gets garbled. its very easy to hide behind a keyboard. lately ive felt a weird vibe going on with us and i feel its because we are all passionate about drums and to be shot down in print, or to feel like we have been is like a dark cloud over us.
    Pearl MCX man, im glad you are back.
    i left another forum because i didnt feel comfortable and im glad i did.
    i can only do my part here by no longer being opinionated yet offer suggestions.
    its all in the delivery guys and gals
    You put my thoughts into words. That is exactly the problem, that's why when I read something that sounds terse or offensive, I inquire about it.

    To add to that, the moderators here are pretty lenient. Most forums would have infracted/suspended the members involved, deleted the related posts, and closed the thread. I for one am not complaining about the moderators decision. It was escalating I could tell. Better to leave that topic alone for a while...
    5 Piece Pearl kit 12" 13" 16" toms, 14" snare.
    16" Sabian XS20 Rock Crash
    20" Sabian XS20 Medium Ride
    14" Sabian AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats
    18" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash
    19" Sabian AAX-Treme Chinese - pending
    Pearl Power Stroke Eliminator X Double kick pedal
    "The things that are worth knowing, cannot be taught." -Oscar Wilde
    "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you're right!." -Henry Ford

  22. #22

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    You know what. I disagree with all of you. Because I've decided that I do not want to agree and I enjoy a good argument.


    lol
    -Steven

  23. #23

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Is that you drummer?


    Actually I use analogies at home all the time and I thought the whac a mole was hilarious.
    I'm neutral.

  24. #24

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Closed Thread

    Yep, that's me! But I just knocked the crap out of the last mole and the game is over!
    - Tom

    Everyone loves FREE... like this free drum forum. But like your car and even your drums, they require upkeep and maintenance and that requires money.

    Will you consider Shopping at Drum Bum to help support this forum?

    Or make a donation here.



    I know from working with Drum Bum through the years, that this forum is costly to run. It requires server fees, hosting, ongoing moderation, advertising, software upgrades, security certificates and IT work when it breaks. All in addition to the expenses that come from running a business. These costs are offset (hopefully) by members that click through to Drum Bum to make a purchase now and then, if not make a contribution to help keep it running.

    On behalf of Drum Bum, thank you for your consideration.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •