Thread: Sabian B8 Pro - Review

User Info Menu

Default Sabian B8 Pro - Review

I know how often this product is ragged on here at DrumChat, but I found the value in these cymbals tonight personally.
    My buddy at a recording studio had an old Tama setup with the cheap B8 package everyone's been talking about (14" medium hats, 18" fast crash, 20" ride) and I figured I'd give it a wing. Turns out the fast crash and ride are the products just waiting to be turned down by pros and shouldn't even be in this package. All the money went in to the hi-hats I think, they sounded really nice if you enjoy the warm clicking sound rather than the airy "chick" that most sound edge or pro hats generate.
    Anywhodadleewingwang, if you decide to take my review seriously and want to purchase these, definately consider individual sale of the hi-hats before getting the whole shibow. I felt very inventive with my literature during these few paragraphs...

Cool Drummer T-shirts and Accessories!

Advertisement
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I have the Sabian B8 Pro. Got them with my first drum set 4 months ago. Didn't really know what any cymbals were about back then. The B8 Pro seem to be a little on the thick side especially the ride. I like the medium crashes 16" & 18". I need to check out some other high hats to see what the difference is though.
    I sleep with my sticks.

User Info Menu

b8 pro's are great starter cymbals. My first ride was a b8 pro. It lasted me probably 6 years. While I'll never go back, I do think beginners on a budget should consider them.

User Info Menu

I really don't have the money to get any state of the art cymbals so at the moment I'm also on B8 pro's which to be honest is worth the buy if your just starting up.

User Info Menu

i h8 b8's. i don't know why but nggghh i h8 the sound of them. everywhere i go theyr there 2... xs20's all the way.
    caution drummer may bite