Thread: Animals as Leaders- Weightless

User Info Menu

Default Animals as Leaders- Weightless

Freaking awesomeness sounds like a big pile of flap jacks with butter melting on top

heres my favorite song from the album i preordered it so thats why i have it earlier

well the songs not on youtube anymore but its called an infinite regression =]
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Default Re: Animals as Leaders- Weightless

My son is really into them - he's seen them live twice, and I took him once when they played the Ottobar in Baltimore. I know that guitar players drool over Tosin, but Javier shreds too and Navene is sick behind the kit. Powerful, polyrhythmic, and just crazy with chops. It's amazing how tight they are live.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Ive been spinning that album non stop for 3 weeks now. Literally one of the greatest albums Ive listened to. Tosin is amazing.
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

Heck yeah cant wait for Tosin's other band TRAM's album to come out Eric Moore plays drums in it and also Adrian Terrazas plays sax in it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J8Pdp6GpNY"]T.R.A.M. - Endeavor (unmastered) - YouTube[/ame]
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Tosin Abasi is one of the most phenomenal musicians I've ever heard.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Thats a great band..I got into them awhile ago..tons of 5/4 , 5/8 , 7/4, 7/8..15/16..crazy meters going on overlaping each other...polyrythms..insane phrasing. Dude doesn't just pull off the poly's he pulls them off w/power that is very hard to do. They're a musicians band for sure....impressive to say the least.

User Info Menu

The 11/8 section in Tempting Time is hands down the hardest thing I've ever learned to play. What kind of minds create music like this! Haha. It's astonishing.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Once you start sub dividing the results are endless..

User Info Menu

Just went to grab a AAL CD off the counter and realized my Clutch passes sitting there are for tomorrow night!!!...I would have completely forgot that show if you didn't post this....sweeeeeet!

User Info Menu

which at this hr I guess it's tonight...

User Info Menu

This thread inspired me to listen to a lot more AAL. I've been meaning to try transcribing some of it, to practice my writing skills, and so today I've started trying to notate Tempting Time. I could play bits and pieces of it before, but I'm setting out to try to learn the whole thing.

Right now I have about... 2 or 3 bars? It's hard stuff! 10/4 isn't a fun signature.