Thread: Roland TD-10 acting monophonic?

User Info Menu

Default Roland TD-10 acting monophonic?

Hello - this is my first time on this forum. I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone here.

Anyway, I'm doing a show with pad kit triggering a Roland TD-10 and I'm having this issue where it seems like the kick signal gets cancelled when I hit the crash or hi hat at exactly the same moment. It does not seem like the kick pad itself or the cable is intermittent - it triggers 100% when played alone.

This has been a minor nuisance for weeks and now the MD is starting to notice and get on my case. The best fix we've found so far is to have me stay off the hi hat on beat "one" for one critical entrance. But I'm thinking there has got to be a better remedy than that.

I'm definitely a newbie on electronic drums. I would welcome any of your thoughts and suggestions on this matter.

Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland TD-10 acting monophonic?

try lowering the crosstalk settings on the kick pad, that will usually fix it. Page 112 of the manual. If you don't have one a pdf version is on Roland's web site.

User Info Menu

I do indeed have a manual .pdf but I hadn't looked at crosstalk settings. Thanks very much for that!! (Even if this doesn't resolve the kick issue, it might very well help with some crosstalk problems we've been having...)

User Info Menu

Yep, it's crosstalk. Kind of the same thng I had to do with readjusting all my settings on my Alesis DM5 kits. Before I bought them, had absolutely no idea on crosstalk and what causes it, such as in your case, or when something vibrates on your rack, how that can be another cause of crosstalk, etc. Now I've pretty much got it covered, but like anyone on here, am always learning.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Default Bingo!!

My problem was 100% solved - you guys ROCK!!

Thanks a lot for your help! Between learning this show, learning (ahem) how to play the drums and doing what I really do for a living, I didn't quite have time to read all through manual. (Guess next time I should make time... RTFM was the big lesson, here.)

While I was at it, I also cleared up some very annoying retriggering glitches. I've gone from vowing never to work with electronic drums again to seriously thinking about getting my own set.