Hello all, Im new to the forum aswell as the world of e-drums. I bought a roland td-9 a little under a year ago. I practiced a bit in my basement but kinda lost touch. More recently my girlfriends brother in-law invited me to come jam as he sings and plays guitar. We both would like to start playing the small gig here and there and for that I would like to expand my kit a little bit. Ive looked through the boards and found some likley options but the responses can sometimes go out of context as to what I'm looking for. I figured I'd make my own thread to see if I can get some straight cut opinions.

First Im looking to upgrade my snare. Ive looked at the pd-85 pad as it is the upgrade to my pads. (I have the td-9k2s, which came with the mesh pads surrounded by the white ring), The problem with that pad is that its CA$300 at the local music store. Now ive seen people listing a diamond custom pad. Are they any good minus the stunning good looks and seemingly good price?
Im going to move the existing snare to plugin as a 4th tom.

Second. I want a 3rd cymbal. I would like to have the CY-12c as it looks better than the CY-8 but its hard to justify the extra $100 on the surrounding untouched rubber. Ive also heard people using a full rubber yamaha cymbal comparible in price to the cy-8. Is there any modifications to be made. just looking for the 2 zone sound. if its compatible what are the mounting options.

Im sure I could've used less words to ask this but what the hell, sometimes the extra description is usefull to a straight answer. And im bored at work so whateva lol

Cheers!