Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cymbals awaiting

User Info Menu

Default Cymbals awaiting

I ordered those cymbals, (AAX 14' stage hats, AAX 20" Stage ride, AAX 16" stage crash) I can't keep my mind off em! ill be going from gabradge can lids, to AAX whats not to be exited about

User Info Menu

what happened to the deal with the extra crash? either way you are gonna enjoy them. remember that they are going to sound very strange to you at first, and may take a little different striking approach to get the sound you like.

User Info Menu

Well, thing is they don't ship to canada, and I dont really know anyone in the US that could ship the cymbals to me. So i decided to get my local music store to order a pack in for me. I calculated that most of the deals online for that pack of 3 cymbals are 699, and i called one of those companies and they told me after shipping and all this other crap it came out to be almost exactly the same as what my music store offered me.

User Info Menu

sweet man, hope they get there soon.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm making a jump from garbage can rubbish to, well, proper types of cymbals soon, as well as a jump from budget kit to proper kit...
    Hope they sound swell, nice purchase!
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

I have an AAX 15" studio crash and an AAX 16" dark crash and I love them both...they sounded a bit weird at first...but after I broke them in they sounded awesome
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

ya lafirin i went to guitar center yesterday and hit the aax's(which i also plan on getting) and they were a musical orgasm on my ears

User Info Menu

Wow, Coke Can, a musical orgasm? Those must be absolutely awesome cymbals!

Hey, Lafirin, congratulations on the new cymbals. I know how you agonized over the decision, so now that it has been made, I know how excited you must be feeling! Way to go, bro., and keep us up to date.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i would post the same thread but its the same thing, i ordered the sabian aax pack today with the free crash, so i also am waiting for cymbals

User Info Menu

and im going from garbage can lids too, the cymbals are turning green because they are so low quality and not cleaned, when you hit the crash it makes a gong noise and lasts for about 3 minutes

User Info Menu

Congrats on your new cymbals, too, Coke Can!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    i would post the same thread but its the same thing, i ordered the sabian aax pack today with the free crash, so i also am waiting for cymbals
    Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Wow, Coke Can, a musical orgasm? Those must be absolutely awesome cymbals!

Hey, Lafirin, congratulations on the new cymbals. I know how you agonized over the decision, so now that it has been made, I know how excited you must be feeling! Way to go, bro., and keep us up to date.
    well they havnt came in yet! mabye they forgot havnt had time to worry about them cuz my grocery store decided they were gonna work to me death this week . I think ill give em another call see whats up. Oh and coke can, thats cool your gettin AAX too, im guessing there gonna be great! comparied to my garbadge can lids.

User Info Menu

Lafirin, maybe working to death so that you didn't have time to think about your cymbals was a blessing! I know how waiting can be.

User Info Menu

I've been leaning towards getting AAX's (when I can afford to, that's what having a family of four on minimum wage does I guess). Seem well priced, but am yet to get to play them. I try not to go to my local music shop often because i just end up crying myself to sleep over all the things i CAN'T buy. When I get the money (sometime in the next decade hopefully) then I'll start looking around specifically at what's available and has the sound/s that I'm after.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

i just got back from a vacation and my cymbals were there waiting for me, they are amazing they sound awesome and break in after like 5 minutes, it is incredible

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new cymbals, CC!

I am looking forward to hearing about yours soon, Lafirin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    and im going from garbage can lids too, the cymbals are turning green because they are so low quality and not cleaned, when you hit the crash it makes a gong noise and lasts for about 3 minutes
    MOONGEL!

User Info Menu

^^ I Second That!

User Info Menu

it doesnt matter anymore, the new ones i have are 10000000000 times better and i think all of you know what they are by n ow

User Info Menu

apparently lafarin's cymbals came in...'cause he hasn't been on in a long time lol
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

AHHHHHH!!! my dad said the music store called me, and they said they'd call me when there in.... but its sunday, and there not open hopefully tomorrow... SO EXITED!

User Info Menu

I guess not ...well that sucks...
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

there delayed another week. grrr .. pateince is a virtue

User Info Menu

its ok lafirin, i got the cymbals thay youve been waiting for, except the sam ash ones, and they are beasts. the wait is worth it

it helps to play with the crappy cymbals that you have now, so that when the aax's do come, you will jump with joy at their musical excellence, i went from crazy gong vibration sound to perfect sound on my crash, and the hi hats actually sound crisp, if you know what im talking about-- just wait, you wont be able to get away from your set

User Info Menu

crisp oh boy do i ever know what your talking about, you mean the sound I hear on all other drums sets other then mine? thanks man thats so encouraging!!