Thread: New bass drum head

User Info Menu

Default New bass drum head

Hi everyone, Just wanted to let you all know i just bought a new bass drum head. It is a remo powerstroke 3 coated. I feel like i payed to much for it. It cost me a total of $61.00 for a 20". After putting it on and tuning it it sounds so much better than the ludwig head that came with it. Now my bass has a nice tight fat sound instead of what i call a small bong or ringing vibration sound. In the furture i think i will shop around first to get the best buy.
    I also bought a pair of pro-mark sticks and am going to try them out tomorrow and will let you all know how they turn out.

Keep drumming

Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: New bass drum head

Love that head for reso and batter haha. I'm thinking about getting a coated Ps3(no stripe) for my reso.
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

congrats , its a nice feeling when your drums are sounding good .
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Now that you know what you like you can order it from musicians friend for $30.85 total with free shipping. That's just the first place I checked, but they are usually rock bottom price wise, and they will match competitors prices. Congrats on finding your sound! It's always a good feeling!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

Midwest Percussion is usually good about pricing too, usually lower in general, then usually have %10-%15 off. Free shipping, no tax. Though it may take you 2-4 months to get it LOL. If I don't need it in any amount of time, I order it from them. Just a suggestion for any future purchases. If you need it fast, go with Musicians Friend or Music123. Or Ebay
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans