Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OCDP Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: OCDP Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by eddahenry View Post
    I'm with you itchie
    Yep all those tama and pearl kits have such bad quality
    My Tama was made in Japan. BOOM! haha. Just messing with you brother.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    My Tama was made in Japan. BOOM! haha. Just messing with you brother.
    So was my starclassic but they ain't anymore
    Oh and remember how a made in Japan sticker in the 80s came with the same stigma as a made in china one now
    MY KIT
    LUDWIG CLASSIC MAPLE SALESMAN
    13, hanging toms,16 ,18 floor toms,24 Kick, 14x5.5 snare,
    CYMBALS
    Paiste 2002 ,22 big beat , 18 med , 18 crash , 16 crash , 18 china , 14 sound edge hats

User Info Menu

Say what you want about OC drums...I got my Avalon kit brand new at GC about 2-1/2 years ago and absolutely love it. When I went to the store, I intended to buy a Pearl Masters kit, but when I set them up next to each other in the store & played them, the OC's sounded so good there was no reason to pay twice as much for the Pearls (nothing against the Pearls--I'm sure I would have loved them, too!) I've gotten compliments from band members, sound men and studio engineers about them, and the only trouble I've had is a split kick drum hoop (cracked in transit from a gig, not poor quality.) I called GC about it and they sent me 2--yes, TWO--brand new hoops within a week, no charge.

I've owned or played almost every brand out there--Tama, Pearl, Gretch, Ludwig, DW, etc. I'm pretty picky about what I play, whether it's drums, cymbals, sticks or anything else. I love my OCs.
    OCDP Avalon - Red Sparkle
    10-12-14-16-22
    Crush Chameleon Birch - White-on-white
    10-12-14-16-22
    Pearl Session Elite - red lacquer
    10-12-13-14-16-22
    Pearl Export EXR - Orange Swirl
    12-14-16-24

Pearl Joey Jordison Sig Snare
    Ludwig 14x5 1963 Acrolite Snare
    Ludwig 14x5 Standard Snare
    OCDP 14x7 Microvent Snare
    OCDP 14x6 Avalon Snare
    Crush 14x6 Chameleon Snare
    Mapex 13x3 Piccolo Snare

Sabian Cymbals
    14" AAXplosion Hats
    14" HHX Evolution Hats
    14" AA Med Hats
    22" AAX Metal Ride
    20" AA Medium Ride
    20" Pro Ride
    17" AAXplosion Crash
    18" AAXplosion Crash
    19" AAXplosion Crash (2)
    20" AAXplosion Crash
    19" Vault Crash (2)
    19" AAXtreme China
    10" HHX Splash

Wuhan Cymbals
    12", 16" & 18" Chinas
    15", 17", 18" Crashes
    8" & 12" splashes

User Info Menu

wow! I just bought a new ocpd ash snare and I really like it. I didn't know that they were bought out. This thread kind of took the wind out of my sails. Oh well I like it and that's what really matters. Time will tell if it's good or not.
    I tried to post a pic. but not smart enough. My kids have shown me before but I forgot how. Sorry

User Info Menu

Just picked up this OCDP Natural Ash 13 x 7 snare a week ago myself. Got a screamin deal off C'slist. I am already in love with this thing before even changing out the stock head, which is quite beat up.
    As for the buy-out by GC, I had to order a new lug because one of them had a stripped out screw. I placed the order last Wed night at 11:30 PM, and it should arrive today, for just $9.62, after shipping! For a one-of-a-kind replacement lug (unique to OCDP), that sounds pretty fair at least to me, with rapid handling. I received e-mails the next morning that the order had been entered and then just an hour later, another to confirm that it had been shipped, with the tracking number.
    Should arrive late today or first thing tomorrow. Can't wait to swap it out and put on a new head. Gonna keep it simple and old-school and go with Coated Emporer on top and a Clear Ambassador on the bottom.
    So beautiful with the Ash outer ply. Really pops against my red sparkle kit. Dig...

Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!