Thread: Help with PA System

User Info Menu

Default Help with PA System

hey guys..my band needs a PA system so we can start practicing with vocals and all..i found a super cheap one on craigslist..the lady said shed take 100 dollars for it..do u guys think itd be good for practicing/gigs or what not??

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/357971648.html

User Info Menu

MI, maybe this link will help some. I did a little investigating, because I have never hear of that PA system before. If it's 100% functional, I think it might be a good deal for practicing, or maybe even gigs in small rooms.

http://www.musicgearreview.com/review-display/3373.html

Hope that helps some, my friend.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

just about any cheap pa is a good pa for practicing at your level. Then, when you eventually wear it out or grow out of it, you'll be able to step up.

User Info Menu

Most bands start off with whats called a brick. It normally has 6 mic inputs... Basic 9 band eq stereo. Really really absic. Between 200 and 500 for begginers. A shure sm58 with cable and stand. That pretty much puts the vocals upt here with the rest of the band. Like El said. Its pretty cheap. Should be able to barter down to 1000$ Au all up. but normal retail about 1200 to 1600.... Dependin on brand and power. Then like El said again. Step up when u wanna mic the band. You can use the brick for more foldback. And get a seperate mixing desk with some powered speakers :P (cheaper than passive speakers overall i thinks. Pending on speaker to amp ratio)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

There's no reason to mic the entire band unless your at show in a decent sixe place. And that setup won't handle it. Just use it for your vocals at practice. I'm sure you're in a small room and I'm sure your amps are loud enough.

User Info Menu

Thats it.... Most venues when you get to bigger citys have house mixers anyways. So you get a sound crew as apart of the venues set up. Which is cool because oyu get a way better sound than a set and forget mix.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

If your band mates aren't practicing with marshall stacks cranked to 12, this should work fine for miking vocals for practice and small venues. $100 is a good price. When buying used gear I like to get around the 50% of retail mark which seems to be where this is at. I would go for it, when your ready to trade up you probably can easily get your $100 investment back on trade in or keep it for a monitor system.