Thread: How to......

User Info Menu

Default How to......

I have a 10x10 jam room, and I am trying to figure out the best way to get the best sound out of my drums, they sound so choked, when I took them outside to take the photos, I played and they sounded so amazing, they just sang, I did not want to stick them back in the jam room, but I have to, so any suggestions?

User Info Menu

What have you got in the room besides the drums that might be absorbing the sound - what else is stored in there? If you're like me, with limited storage space, there would have to be something in there.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I do have some storage item in there, but that should not make to much differance, at least I don't think so.

User Info Menu

I'm sure that you could evaluate that. I'm also trying to remember what I saw in your vids. Do I remember that the walls are unfinished. I think I remember seeing studs showing on the walls. Just a thought, but the unfinished walls could be having a dampening effect on the sound. I know that when I set up my Gretsch set, I set it up in the living room, and that room was sonically alive! It has hardwood floors and light drapes. Where I had the ddrum kit set up was in my bedroom. That had wall to wall carpet and heavy drapes (not to mention the big bed!). It was amazing how good the Gretsch kit sounded in the living room!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!