Thread: Ordering used from guitar center...and memphis...

User Info Menu

Default Ordering used from guitar center...and memphis...

GC has a snare I might want but it would have to be delivered to my store. Not sure if anyone has done this. Maybe Santa can pick it up for me...and also one of those snakes and arrows snares that the memphis drum shop has.

'Contact us for price'....why?!?!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ordering used from guitar center...and memphis...

I ordered a Wuhan china at the store and it was delivered to my home within 4 days
    Last edited by ohfirefighter; 11-23-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    -Gretsch Catalina Maple
    -Sabian Xs20 14in Hi-Hat
    -Sabian Xs20 14in Medium Thin Crash
    -Sabian Xs20 16in Medium Thin Crash
    -Sabian Xs20 18in Medium Thin Crash
    -Sabian AAX Omni 22in Ride
    -Sabian AAX V-Crash 16in
    -DW 3000 Hardware
    -Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Double Pedal

~Sabian Squad~

User Info Menu

You have to pay for the shipping for that snare from where ever it is located plus the cost of the snare itself. How much is shipping ? Is it still a good price and will you get it in one piece. I was going to buy a used drum set and it had to be shipped from california somewhere to ny. They couldn't tell me what the shipping cost was. I decided not to buy used and I bought from them a new yamaha kit. I am glad I did, it work out for me.
    I bought my used gretsch catalina kit to see what they would give me for it. My kit was in excellent condition. They offered my 258 dollars for it. They were selling the same used kits for $450. I sold it for $350 with cases, I was happy and the person who bought got a good deal. I bought it new at guitar center for I think $650 total and I paid another $120 for the catalina club case. I had a great time with that gretsch catalina club jazz kit, I played it everywhere and recorded with it, it was fun and boy did it look pretty. Marine white pearl. Every once in a while I get bored and change kits, they are all engineered good today, its all personal choice.

User Info Menu

GR, I've done a few things through GC's used department, and everything was just fine. The thing is that sometimes it's a great deal, and sometimes it's just a so so deal. It all depends on the store that has it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Geo Rose View Post
    GC has a snare I might want but it would have to be delivered to my store. Not sure if anyone has done this. Maybe Santa can pick it up for me...and also one of those snakes and arrows snares that the memphis drum shop has.

'Contact us for price'....why?!?!
    Oh man... I wish this was posted earlier... I was actually in Memphis Drum Shop at the time you posted this... I could have checked it out for you if I had known... If I visit again this week, I will inquire.

User Info Menu

I've order used stuff from Guitar Center, it really depends which one you order from. In regards to Memphis drum shop, I got up this morning 100% ready order me a snare from them after getting a quote, which I thought was a good price on it. I decided to humor my self and call CymbalFusion to see what they wanted for it, after talking with em I decided to drive up there(it was about and hour from me at the time) and check them out. I ordered my snare from them, at almost $100 cheaper. I'm very happy now, I can rehead my kit too now Anyways just a tip if your looking at ordering snares, be sure to check them out. As far as the Snakes and Arrows snare, they had the red one there, I don't remember what it was, but it was under a thousand. I had to play on it while I was there haha
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

I've ordered a few cymbals used from GC and have only gotten 1 bad cymbal which they refunded me the cost of the cymbal and shipping.
    I bought the basic 5 piece kit in store and had to order the rest which was delivered to my house and had no problems.Everything arrived as expected.
    One cymbal I ordered I didn't like the sound so I waited a few weeks,took it back in and got more for it then what I paid with shipping,helped buy the 18" FT at the time. (it's sometimes nice to have idiots working in the drum dept that have no clue what the value of a cymbal is)
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

I've bought kick pedals, hi hat stands, and cymbal stands from gc's used department. I got great deals, and am pleased with the gear. I would be skeptical about drums and cymbals though. I like to hear them. The thing you must do is get someone on the phone who will check the gear out with you (on the phone that is ), and ask a lot of questions about the condition.
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

I spied an Ayotte snare I lost out on when bidding on the 'bay listed on GC used within the past week. The older I get the less likely I am to buy something used without being able to kick the tires on it in person. I'm not looking for a new snare at the moment, and although I was tempted to pursue this one when the second chance presented itself, if someone outbid me for it and has now grown tired of it, perhaps I should be wary.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deedubs! View Post
    I've bought kick pedals, hi hat stands, and cymbal stands from gc's used department. I got great deals, and am pleased with the gear. I would be skeptical about drums and cymbals though. I like to hear them. The thing you must do is get someone on the phone who will check the gear out with you (on the phone that is ), and ask a lot of questions about the condition.
    The cymbals I did buy used were ones I knew I was going to buy new and just saved a few bucks. The one I didn't like wasn't very expensive and was an experiment to see what it sounded like.It was a 12" HH Mini China and I expected a trashy sound closer to a Wuhan but got the opposite.But I got my money back on it trading it back in. The one that I had to return,the salesperson said it was in good shape but it wasn't when I got it,was beat up and in bad shape,even cracked. I guess I am a risk taker when it comes to buying cymbals used and not hearing them. Forgot the 14" Evo China I have was a risk taker as well,but I got it for $80 with next day shipping,I knew I could easily profit form it if I didn't like,but it's been a great cymbal and has stayed on my kit.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

I thought GC offered free shipping anywhere in the U.S.A cause that is the message I got when I tried to order there from Canada. So you should'nt have to pay for delivery unless it is BS.

User Info Menu

I was at gc today with my one year old, just lookin around and picking him up a new set of pro mark junior sticks, when a saw a used pearl 900 kick pedal for $19.99! it was never used (came with some guys kit), and although I didn't need it, I count help but snag it. I have on of those pearl kick pedal silent practice stands that I'll just keep it on for now I guess....or maybe just flip it on eBay.
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware