Thread: Bass pulse lights for live shows?

User Info Menu

Default Bass pulse lights for live shows?

Is there any such thing as a pulsating light that can automatically detect the bass drum vibrations and pulse along with it? Or would there be any way to make some sort of trigger for something like that?

User Info Menu

Hi Effyou. I have seen the lights on a perspex clear kit which looked really effective. So yes there is such a thing but I really dont know how they work so sorry I couldnt be much more help

User Info Menu

this is a good start. at least we know i'm not crazy and i have seen something like it before.

User Info Menu

I saw Chad Smith's set had a pulse activated black light in the bass. He was using an acrylic set so it was really noticable and made the dark shows awesome. I've looked all over online music stores and can't find anything on them, they're most likely custom to those who can afford it like Chad. Welcome to Drumchat...

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

You buy one of those cheap 100$ kmart strobes (Kmart=AU Walmart)

They have a frequency select switch.

Another thing i wana do is buy a heap of cheap junky triggers. Hook them upto a lighting rig. (Coz lights and music chords can be simular if you use a digital dimmer) And then you make each drum a different light... Hook it upto a computer so every song has different drums lighting different lights up . Some guitarist in a band had a splitter off their output jacks. That sent one signal to a frequency machine then into a dimmer. The notes they played lit up different lights and worked in weird ways.... So there isa way! :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters