Thread: Chrimbus gifts!

User Info Menu

Default Chrimbus gifts!

ok so since Chrimbus (dont ask) is coming up, my mom asked the other day what i want for Christmas and... i dont know! i have a bunch of options since im getting my new platinums soon with my own money. any thoughts or suggestions?

1. Micing up my drums which includes the interface, mics, stands, etcc... roughly $400

2. getting cases for the new platinums and probably new heads which im guessing would be a lil over $250

3. some new studio monitors and a sub because my speakers are starting to die (ive also been wanting to get my sound system sounding better) which would be almost $600 (yikes! id help with that one)

4. some new cymbals like an efx crash or omni. im still using xs20's so an upgrade would be nice. definitely buy used with these though so thats only like $300 for 2 cymbals

5. i do play a tiny bit of guitar and ive been wanting a delay and distortion pedal which together would be a lil over $200.

6. anything else? other ideas for Christmas stuff?

ALSO, leave anything else your thinking about treating yourself with for Christmas or asking for if your like me and only 16!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Chrimbus gifts!

Depends on how much your mom usually spends on you. New kit...I would say the FIRST thing I would do is switch out the stock heads. Next would be cases...unless you plan on never taking the kit out.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

it varies from year to year. and its generally like one big thing from all my family collectively. keep in mind i do have a part time job at old navy so i can get the smaller stuff myself

User Info Menu

I see. Well, just don't ask your mom to break the bank lol.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

have no fear i wont. as i said, im only going to ask for one thing from all the family. at this point my big debate is between mics and cymbals. and i could get heads myself

User Info Menu

id go for heads and the cases too ...
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

+3 Yep, I'd go for the heads and cases, too. They're not as sexy, but they are uber practical.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

You should ask your mom for classes to the tairy greene acting school. Or for any CINCO product.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    You should ask your mom for classes to the tairy greene acting school. Or for any CINCO product.
    I hope you know how happy youve just made me.

User Info Menu

What are you looking to get for cases? Bags can be had for the budget you are talking about, but if you want something a bit more robust such as SKB cases, it's going to cost you a bit more.

My vote is for heads and cases too - if you gig out at all, you'll want those new drums in cases. It's one of those necessary evil expenses, but one that you'll be glad you have.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

at the moment im not really gigging out really. ive only brought my drums outside maybe like 7 times in the year ive had them, if that soo im not sure. and yes they would be bags because i dont think id wanna spend $500 on skb cases alone. maybe for my bass drum but the rest is fine. also dont limit this to me! this is not just my thread:D

User Info Menu

Being that I have most of what I need, I do what I do every Christmas for the last several years.

I ask for Jessica Alba and cross my fingers.

User Info Menu

new heads and a brick of sticks