Thread: Tama Warlord Exotix Ltd. Edition Drum Kit

User Info Menu

Default Tama Warlord Exotix Ltd. Edition Drum Kit

Holy mother this is one hell of a drum kit. Only 100 of these made..i think i would kill for this kit. It blows my mind.

User Info Menu

yeah i've looked at those.
    and if i'm correct my local samash has about 5 and put it this way they won't be making anymore
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

How much would one of those go for do you think?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

click where it says "how to buy" it says $6,499.00

User Info Menu

yeah i know 1 guy who bought one
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

I'd kill for one of those, they look so beautiful. And they sound great.

User Info Menu

They look awesome, but honestly it is not the look I like, but it is a sick lookin kit.

User Info Menu

I agree with Pdplayer. It's beautiful, but not quite what I would look to buy. I'd probably be looking for a kit that looks like Funky's. I love the natural wood grain look. My Gretsch kit was the closest I could come, in my price range, at the time I bought it.

I will definitely give you that it is beautiful, though.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Haha, did everyone freak out like this when they made the neil peart signature kit for 30 grand?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post
    Haha, did everyone freak out like this when they made the neil peart signature kit for 30 grand?
    No, cause that kit blows this kit away, in my opinion there is no comparison, the R30 kit is absolutely gorgeous.

User Info Menu

the neil peart kit is much larger..this one is actually affordable for a few people..and the bubinga and the warlord theme looks cooler than the R30 in my opinion. I didnt know u could buy the neil peart kit either...how many of em did they make?

User Info Menu

I agree with you here MI - I would take this kit over the Neil Peart kit too - this one is just more realistic and playable - in fact I would happily buy it if A) I could find it here in Australia and 2) I could afford it. I LOVE the warlord lugs and that stuff - it is just cool. Also, have you seen the other warlord snares? They are some kick-butt looking snare drums. The warlord Spartan is my fav to look at.

But the Neil kit is just...well......kinda ridiculous. I mean it's cool and everything, but there gets to be a point where it's slightly over the top for the average guy - plus then there is that whole thing of it just being a replica kit. But this thing is a kit any drummer could play quite happily, and I dare say - sound absolutley MONSTEROUS! Plus that finish just looks amazing IMO - i don't really like all the sparkly stuff that the Neil Peart kit has.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

CMWP, I didn't know you were from Australia! What part?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    CMWP, I didn't know you were from Australia! What part?
    I'm what is often referred to as a Mexican - I'm from Melbourne in Victoria. There's a few of us Aussies on here far as I can tell, I think Stevo is, livewire, HB58...there was a couple of others too I think. Just based on some of the things they have written.

That's one of the reasons I was absent in advising you about the Gretsch kit - they are rare as hens teeth here in Aus - hell even DW kits aren't as common as I would like - Pealrs are everywhere, and then each distrubutor tends to lean towards one specific manufacturer.

Why so surprised?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    Why so surprised?
    I don't know. I guess I had you figured as someone I'd meet in middle America. Guess it just goes to show that people are people, no matter where we live.

User Info Menu

Got back from taking my lesson at a local music store, and I was surprised to see the Tama Warlord Exotix Ltd. Edition Drum Kit! There are only two of them in the state of Tennessee, and Music World, in Murfreesboro, had one. I have to say that it is gorgeous when you can see it up close! Selling for $6,900.00!

User Info Menu

ya pastor bob i went to the guitar center in nashville and i saw the other one in tennessee and i wasnt that impressed, i looked really small for some reason and it didnt impress me that much, but i didnt play it so i dont know

User Info Menu

just looking at the pics I'm not too impressed. the finish is kind of cool but that gothic hardware looks ridiculous

User Info Menu

Different strokes for different folks