Thread: how?

User Info Menu

Exclamation how?

how do u become a higher rank or what ever it is? like from newbie to something else?
    Tomas!

User Info Menu

Default Re: how?

Oh my, maybe there's a dungeon or something?

Now I'm worried ...

User Info Menu

Wink Re: how?

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy123 View Post
    how do u become a higher rank or what ever it is? like from newbie to something else?
    Quality, lad; sheer quality. Some have it, some not. Sorry.

No, just kidding (although, now I come to think about it..?). The more posts posted, the 'higher' the 'grade'. In fact, it's only a guide as to the frequency of contribuing, and has little to do with any 'real' status. It won't be worth it, but one could verify this by looking over my own total posts for this forum. There is nothing in what I have put up here that 'really' qualifies me as 'Top Dog' (heaven forbid..!).
    Post away, ask any question on drums that you wish, reply to any that you feel comfortable about, and forget it. There is no rank here, all are equally welcome. You'll find out quite quickly which members have the most 'respectable' knowledge (and some that are not so technical, but fun to read anyway..!).
    Have a nice day.
    Dad3353 (Douglas...)

User Info Menu

QUOTE=Dad3353;442625]Quality, lad; sheer quality. Some have it, some not. Sorry.

Haha! Your first line almost had me giving up in sheer despair! Quality?! That's me goosed then! Thanks for clearing that up, was wondering how it worked myself.
    We're all mature and grown up until somebody gets out the bubble wrap........

User Info Menu

When you hit 100 posts it will change. Then 500... Then 1000. Think.
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

1000 is top dog status
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

The truth is that we get to know one another through our posts. Me? I/ve only been drumming for about 4 1/2 years - long enough to know a few things, but short enough for me to know my place. The cool thing about Drum Chat is that no matter whether someone has been playing for 40+ years, or whether they are just beginning, we treat all drummer with respect. We share the knowledge that we have, and we encourage each other.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Bigger post numbers give those ranks out, pretty much. 1000 being top dog, the highest one they have going right now. But knowing that, don't use it as a reason to mass post for higher numbers. Quality before quantity.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Wow Russ, you're only 7 posts off the big ten K!
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    The cool thing about Drum Chat is that no matter whether someone has been playing for 40+ years, or whether they are just beginning, we treat all drummers with respect.
    Um... who told you that PB? I've never respected you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I've always suspected!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Talking Re: how?

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Tsk, tsk, drummer. Leave the poor bloke with his delusions, please. Very cruel of you. There are truths that do not need to be uttered...
    Have a nice day.
    Dad3353 (Douglas...)

User Info Menu