Thread: 16th note songs

User Info Menu

Default 16th note songs

Hello guys! Im trying to learn to perfect doing 16th note songs but whenever I try to play a song my left and my right hand doesnt sound the same or its not the same speed. Does anyone have tips to do these more properly? cause Im trying to learn Every teardrop is a waterfall by coldplay but its 16th so Im currently having a hard time learning it. Thank you

User Info Menu

Default Re: 16th note songs

drop back and get the 8th notes down pat, and work your way slowly into the 16ths.
    its all muscle memory and technique.
    not sure how long youve been playing but its taken me over a year, 2 hours everyday to be able to play what i want when i want.
    practice, practice, practice
    youll get it. drums arent as easy as they look

User Info Menu

Do as he says for he is wise. But all it takes is practice man. i couldnt do that until about 2 years in and i still have to keep it fairly simple. Btw good luck with Coldplay man! i love jamming to that song for awhile. very happy

User Info Menu

Just start off really slow with a metronome (like 60bpm slow). Once that's sounding even and you're comfortable playing it, move it up 10 bpm until that sounds even, move up another 10bpm and so on. It just takes a bit of practice.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

yes! Use a metronome or click track. Trust me it helps! When learning stuff to do with independence, I start it ultra slow, just to get my limbs to know what they are going to do.

I mean like slow it down to a tenth of the speed. (Okay at least 25% slower) just do that with a metronome and keep bringing it up to speed, gradually.

PRACTICE, PRACTICE and MORE PRACTICE. I learned that the hard way. If you just play the song for a half hour a day, you will learn it eventually.
    5 Piece Pearl kit 12" 13" 16" toms, 14" snare.
    16" Sabian XS20 Rock Crash
    20" Sabian XS20 Medium Ride
    14" Sabian AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats
    18" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash
    19" Sabian AAX-Treme Chinese - pending
    Pearl Power Stroke Eliminator X Double kick pedal
    "The things that are worth knowing, cannot be taught." -Oscar Wilde
    "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you're right!." -Henry Ford