Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morgan Rose

User Info Menu

Default Re: Morgan Rose

I'm a big fan of heavy music but I haven't really checked out Sevendust until I saw this thread. I've been watching their videos on Youtube and they are excellent! Great band and great drumming.

User Info Menu

Morgan's new kit for latest album cycle

User Info Menu

that kit is awesome!

I don't know how he plays his high toms so flat and well... so high!

But that's a beautiful arrangement he has there

User Info Menu

Did I miss something? How did his drums end up sitting in your driveway?
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Did I miss something? How did his drums end up sitting in your driveway?
    cause he's a lucky SOB

User Info Menu

LOL, not my driveway. That's his drum tech's house!

User Info Menu

Okaaay....sure, I believe you, Angus.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

wonder what his front bass drum heads will be when done

User Info Menu

Awesome! I love Morgan Rose.

Cool story:

My brother used to work at Car Tunes in Roswell, GA. My brother is a big Sevendust fan (and a drummer too), and he got me into them. Anyway, Morgan Rose comes into his shop to get some audio work done to his car. My brother didn't even recognize him and just carried on with it, like if it was any other customer. He starts putting his information in the computer, and asked him a couple of questions.

"Ok, what's your last name?"
    "Rose"
    "Ok, first name?"
    "Morgan"
    "Oh damn!" and started from there. They talked drums and music and such for a while, and he got him to autograph a business card for me. So my brother got me his autograph and surprised me with it. It's sitting on my music shrine right now.

It's pretty awesome. According to my brother, he's a super chill dude.
    ALGAROTHSYUM - post-apocalyptic instrumental metal - currently working on third full-length album!
    Bandcamp - Facebook

IRACONJI- Nashville death/thrash metal - drummer
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vhyle View Post
    Awesome! I love Morgan Rose.

Cool story:

My brother used to work at Car Tunes in Roswell, GA. My brother is a big Sevendust fan (and a drummer too), and he got me into them. Anyway, Morgan Rose comes into his shop to get some audio work done to his car. My brother didn't even recognize him and just carried on with it, like if it was any other customer. He starts putting his information in the computer, and asked him a couple of questions.

"Ok, what's your last name?"
    "Rose"
    "Ok, first name?"
    "Morgan"
    "Oh damn!" and started from there. They talked drums and music and such for a while, and he got him to autograph a business card for me. So my brother got me his autograph and surprised me with it. It's sitting on my music shrine right now.

It's pretty awesome. According to my brother, he's a super chill dude.
    Very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vhyle View Post
    According to my brother, he's a super chill dude.
    Oh I can unequivocally state that he is. I've been privileged enough have hung out with him many times. You'd never know his status in metal if you didn't know who he is.

He seems to takes pics of me me with his mug in the shot. Me playing his drums:

or my tattoo of his Alien Freak Wear line:

They (Sevendust) stayed unusually quiet and private during the recording of their last album. They have some dates opening for Godsmack starting soon. A little birdie told me the new single comes out this Friday. I'm sure I'll be seeing Morgan soon. Although, rumor also has it they are touring internationally too. Not sure if that will be before or after their US headlining tour.

User Info Menu

^love the inside scoop

User Info Menu

Seems like a lot of flailing and arm movement for basically a bunch of 1/4 notes. That's just me though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Seems like a lot of flailing and arm movement for basically a bunch of 1/4 notes. That's just me though.
    Yeah its a little over exaggerated... But when I'm at a metal show I want to see some energy up on the stage. He fuels the crowd.

User Info Menu

He's more than that. Yes, he's a performer when on stage but I feel he's technical too. I have a hard time following his beats and I think his feet are insane. But I'm biased.

He's no one-trick pony. He has in hands in writing a lot of their stuff. He produces 7D and other bands. He sings/screams on many songs. He's even an a&r guy for a label.

Not everyone can be Steve Gadd. In fact, if everyone was, Steve Gadd wouldn't be such a big deal LOL

User Info Menu

BTW, the single was played today on a few select stations. New single officially releases Moday and is called Thank You. New album will be called Kill The Flaw.

User Info Menu

^I'll be waiting!

User Info Menu

It's out on all major online music stores.

User Info Menu

Gotta give the people a show, no matter what you're playing.