Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Sit High, Low or Inbetween?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Do You Sit High, Low or Inbetween?

the surface of my throne is 20 inches off the floor.
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by atomcorr2 View Post
    the surface of my throne is 20 inches off the floor.
    Me too. I just measured.
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    I used to sit as low as the throne would go, much like how I viewed my favourite player Vinnie C. Over the years I crept up in height and just recently after getting back into studying and practicing, I am dropping my height again. I find sitting with my back straight and keeping the weight off my feet and maintaining a neutral balance, my control feels more in control. More power too.
    Vinnie C developed quite a serious back problem from playing low and now sits higher, I've been doing a little research recently as I've been getting twinges in back due to increased playing and deploying more complex parts. Ive decided to go high which is helping and combined with a bit of yoga the problem seems to be fixed.

User Info Menu

I sit kinda high. I like to be over everything. It helps with fatigue on long gigs because I can get to everything easier!

User Info Menu

I also sit a little higher. I like being in control over my drums and if I sit low I feel the drums over power me. I also like flatter toms right now so that helps with playing.

But also for my double bass I can feel it use my muscles differently high vs low. And I prefer sitting higher for the feel.

User Info Menu

I sit a tad higher than the 90 degree angle but still need to tilt my rack toms down a bit. I like the look of flat toms but my carpel tunnel syndrome in my left wrist prevents me from that type of set up.

User Info Menu

Haven't you heard ? Sitting is the new smoking. Every drummer needs to play at least one or 2 songs per set, standing up.

User Info Menu

Have always sat low. Just find it comfortable. Legs at 90 degrees

User Info Menu

i feel i'm kind of in between. Seat is about even with bottom of snare so maybe that's low. Adjusting the throne height even 1 inch makes a big difference
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN