User Info Menu

Default Shannon Larkin

Shannon Larkin

Drummer:
    James Shannon Larkin
    Style:
    Heavy Metal
    Bands:
    Ugly Kid Joe, Amen, Candlebox, Souls at Zero, Back Alley Gators, Godsmack(currently)
    Summary:
    Shannon Larkin, born James Shannon Larkin on April 24, 1967 in Chicago, Illinois, is a musician best known for being the drummer of the heavy metal band Godsmack. He replaced the previous drummer Tommy Stewart in June 2002. Prior to Godsmack, his previous bands were Amen, Candlebox, Back Alley Gators, Ugly Kid Joe, and Souls at Zero (formerly Wrathchild America). Shannon played drums for Godsmack for their albums Faceless, IV their EP The Other Side, and their newest album The Oracle.
    Other:
    Shannon Larkin started playing drums at the age of 10. Although his parents were not musicians, they were still music lovers and turned Shannon on to bands like The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, and The Who. However, it was his older sister who unknowingly ignited Shannon's passion to play by forcing him to repeatedly listen to her favorite album, Rush's Hemispheres. Then he turned on to Led Zeppelin, and then decided to ask his parents for a drum kit.
    Performance:
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Default Re: Shannon Larkin

Shannon is one of my personal favorites!
    He did play with Wrathchild America and even more recently he played in Another Animal which is Shannon, the bass player and guitarist from Godsmack as well as another guitarist and Ugly Kid Joe singer. I saw Another Animal open for Alterbridge a few years ago and AA ROCKED! Shannon was really kickin butt.

1st time I saw Shannon was at this exact show right here at Bogarts in Cincinatti Ohio. I was at this show and was blown away by Shannon.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQquYQlskbk"]Wrathchild America LIVE music Video Bogart's Cincinnati, OH 1991 "Silent Darkness" - YouTube[/ame]

User Info Menu

finally, someone else has heard of wrathchild america, havent cared for shannon since then though
    MAPEX MAFIA

User Info Menu

glad to see shannon in here as he is my favorite drummer
    I saw him with godsmack and he is a show all by himself