Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New kit on the way

User Info Menu

Default Re: New kit on the way

I haven't lugged the e-kit anywhere. I used to carry the old Tama around before and it was ok.

I'm just afraid of damaging the e-kit's connections, cables, etc. Too much can go wrong with frequent assembly/disassembly, mishandling.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Nice decision on the acoustic for live performances...not that I have anything at all against e-kits...But for stage presence acoustic is the way to go IMHO
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

One luxury of an 8 pc. double bass set-up is the gigging options. You can gig numerous configurations. If your not up to hauling the whole set-up, bring one kick and only the toms you want, 1 up, 1 down or any combination you see fit.

User Info Menu

That's the idea really. I want to get all the shells at once so I don't regret it later when they're no longer available. If I just want to gig with a single bass drum, I can use the double pedal from the e-kit
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    This is the breakdown of what I'm getting:

22"x18" (x2) BD
    8"x7" tom
    10"x8" tom
    12"x9" tom
    14"x12" FT
    16"x14" FT
    Are you getting a snare?

User Info Menu

yeah, the stock 14"x5.5". I just forgot to put it in the list
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Looks like my kit's growing before it even gets here. My gf's buying me a set of 3 rototoms for Christmas
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Looks like my kit's growing before it even gets here. My gf's buying me a set of 3 rototoms for Christmas
    Nice! I've never dated a girl that had any interest in music, they just asked why I spent so much on a drum-kit
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

My gf has no interest in music whatsoever, but she understands that I do...so she's encouraging at least. Can't really ask for anyone better.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

My gf has no interest in music whatsoever, but she understands that I do...so she's encouraging at least. Can't really ask for anyone better.
    eh, all the ones I've dated, couldn't understand why I would spend 2k on drum shells, and didn't care. Yet they wanted this expensive jewelry, which honest to God, I don't see a point in

User Info Menu

I'm not sure which kick pedals I should go with yet. Leaning towards the TAMA Iron Cobra, but the DW 5000 series is also tempting. Can't justify the 9000 series.
    I would at least justify the 8000's because the rocker hubs bearings on the 5000's tend to burn out and break. which requires contacting DW and waiting for them to ship your new ones. Dont get me wrong I love my 5000's but I'm thinking of switching to the Mapex Raptor instead.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

I'm not trying to rain on the parade, just keeping you in the loop. DW will be enjoying a little down time till Jan. 2.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    I'm not trying to rain on the parade, just keeping you in the loop. DW will be enjoying a little down time till Jan. 2.
    Yep.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    eh, all the ones I've dated, couldn't understand why I would spend 2k on drum shells, and didn't care. Yet they wanted this expensive jewelry, which honest to God, I don't see a point in
    Haha I know right. Seriously you want to spend $2,000 on a small ring that's going to sit on your finger, or even expensive clothes. Please i couldn't thunk of anything that was more of a waste of money.
    CURRENT SETUP-
    Sonic Drive 7 piece kit.
    2 up 2 down

- Sabian AA Holy China 17"
    - Meinl classics custom extreme metal crash 18"
    - Sabian AA 16" crash
    - Zildjian Z custom 20" ride
    - Evans G2 heads
    - Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal
    -Joey Jordison signature snare drum.

Drummer For: *BAND HAS NO NAME YET*
    Genre:Metal/Screamo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    Yeah I saw that on Facebook. I'm not convinced that my store actually put the order in yet. They seem very slow about it, saying stuff like "Man we're swamped". Why should I care? I'm dropping serious coin on this kit. I honestly don't understand why they wouldn't make my order a priority.
    Last edited by Digital; 12-24-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Yeah I saw that on Facebook. I'm not convinced that my store actually put the order in yet. They seem very slow about it, saying stuff like "Man we're swamped". Why should I care? I'm dropping serious coin on this kit. I honestly don't understand why they wouldn't make my order a priority.
    UGH that would really annoy the hell out of me, you spend that much coin on a kit and they are all non-chalant about it..damn with all the people that come in and play on the instruments with no intention of buying you would think they would care a little more about the people who do.

If it was me and they could not prove to me that they put the order in already I would cancel it in a heartbeat and go somewhere else.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

They're the cheapest around that carry DW, so I don't have that many options. Hopefully things will die down after christmas so everything's gets ordered.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    Yeah, and the rings are really small with little rocks. At least a drumset can be seen from across an amphitheater
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    Yeah, and the rings are really small with little rocks. At least a drumset can be seen from across an amphitheater
    LOL right? My ex used to always ask me "did you see her ring, it was sooo big!" Nope, don't really pay attention to that kind of stuff, nor do I really care.

User Info Menu

*grumbles* So I called the store yesterday for an update, and they tell me the order hasn't even been sent to DW yet. The head office was holding off all the DW orders so they could all be sent at once. What a load of crap. Waited a whole month for nothing.

While I had him on the phone, I asked him to price out some ddrum Deccabons (low pitch), Sabian MAX Stax (medium), 8pc Ludwig drum bags and Gibraltar GRB 54" rack bag.

I'll be in debt til I die, I figure lol
    Last edited by Digital; 01-13-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

I haven't lugged the e-kit anywhere. I used to carry the old Tama around before and it was ok.

I'm just afraid of damaging the e-kit's connections, cables, etc. Too much can go wrong with frequent assembly/disassembly, mishandling.
    I played a Yamaha e-kit for 9 years and "lugged" it all over the place.........very few problems. Previously I had many problems with Simmons........but Yamaha built the better triggers, for sure.
    I also would not hesitate to take both bass drums to gigs as well !

Love the new kit you ordered.........beautiful.........but I have a question :
    In the context of that very kit that you ordered.........How much money is saved by ordering the DW Performance series instead of the DW Collectors ?

User Info Menu

I haven't even looked at the Collector series to be honest. The Performance kit suits my needs and it has the finish I wanted. Getting exotic woods would be cool, but the price sky rockets accordingly.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

*grumbles* So I called the store yesterday for an update, and they tell me the order hasn't even been sent to DW yet. The head office was holding off all the DW orders so they could all be sent at once. What a load of crap. Waited a whole month for nothing.

While I had him on the phone, I asked him to price out some ddrum Deccabons (low pitch), Sabian MAX Stax (medium), 8pc Ludwig drum bags and Gibraltar GRB 54" rack bag.

I'll be in debt til I die, I figure lol
    That's BS. I'd threaten to take your business else where unless that order is submitted ASAP!

User Info Menu

My options are limited. Not many stores in town even carry DW, and I certainly don't want to order them online. I'd get no support and have to deal with shipping, etc. Huge pain.

I just have to deal with it and wait.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

My options are limited. Not many stores in town even carry DW, and I certainly don't want to order them online. I'd get no support and have to deal with shipping, etc. Huge pain.

I just have to deal with it and wait.
    Don't show your hand like that. Just threaten the shop to spend you money somewhere else. Force their hand, not yours.