Thread: Gill Moore

User Info Menu

Default Gill Moore

Gill Moore

Drummer: Gil Moore
    Main Style: Rock/Metal
    Main Band: Triumph
    Brief Summary: He co-wrote and contributed lead vocals to a significant number of Triumph songs and also performed this function live. While Emmett's vocals and songwriting leaned toward the more melodic side of Triumph, Moore's vocal and writing style was more blues/hard rock oriented. Gil Moore is also owner of Ontario, Canada's biggest recording studio Metalworks Studios located in Mississauga.

Although Gil is not really a super technical drummer he always had great drum parts that fit the song and great vocals to boot. Well worth a mention for his contribution to rock with so many hit songs.
    Checkout the old Tama logo on his kick drum.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gill Moore

Gil is one of my absolute heros. I think Ive worn our at least a tape and a record copy of Thunder Seven!

User Info Menu

Big fan here as well!
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

It's kinda cool to look back and see how many drummers in that era were playing the single headed tom setup for that sound.
    Notice in this pic he has the bottom hoops on but the mics are way up near the head.

This sound was a staple of Judas Priests sound in that time too.

User Info Menu

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqvBgmpujhw"]TRIUMPH - Rock & Roll Machine (Live in HALIFAX) - YouTube[/ame]

Larrysperf Guest

Gil is also very down to earth and has his original drum set in his garage. And yes it is heated Lives in Missisaga and has 2 pools one indoor 1 out.Overlooks the credit river. anything else just ask lol

User Info Menu

Looking at that pic makes me wonder...do they still make 6" toms?
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_in name only View Post
    Looking at that pic makes me wonder...do they still make 6" toms?
    Yes they do