Thread: Honest Opinions Please

User Info Menu

Default Honest Opinions Please

Ok Ive been playing drums since I was about 6 and I started playing guitar when I was 14. I wrote this acoustic insturmental a few months ago , production sucks, but I dubbed four guitars on it with alot of different things happening at one time. So if youd check it out and tell me what you honestly think good or bad Id really appreciate it.
    Thanks guys
    http://www.myspace.com/thetravisoliverexperiance
    What do ya call a drummer whos girlfriend just broke up with him???

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Nice, PD. It's a bit rough in spots, but I think you've got something there. It's a nice easy listening sound. A bit hard to dance to, though. I say keep up the good work!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks, PB, I know there are some rough spots, but that was just due to me rushing the process of recording it.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Peace I liked the guitar playing, overall a really nice sound. I'm not a big fan of the Synth AHH sound. It fit in well with what you were doing, but I'd probably like it better if the AHH didn't drone on for most of the song. Maybe if you fade the synth in and out at different sections of the piece instead of playing it all the way through, it would add a little contrast and variety to the texture of the piece from one section to another. I did like the composition, it's a nice mellow sound that is interesting enough not to put you to sleep. Great job!!

User Info Menu

Thanks, I agree that the Ahhs should have moved in and out. It would have made parts of the song seem more powerfull. Thanks for the Advice.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PEACEdrummer View Post
    Thanks, PB, I know there are some rough spots, but that was just due to me rushing the process of recording it.
    Don't sweat that it wasn't perfect. You noted that the production wasn't perfect. Focus on the part where you are hearing that there's something good going on. I am looking forward to hearing more as you perfect this! Way to go, PD!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PEACEdrummer View Post
    Ok Ive been playing drums since I was about 6 and I started playing guitar when I was 14. I wrote this acoustic insturmental a few months ago , production sucks, but I dubbed four guitars on it with alot of different things happening at one time. So if youd check it out and tell me what you honestly think good or bad Id really appreciate it.
    Thanks guys
    http://www.myspace.com/thetravisoliverexperiance
    That will be a very cool tune when it is all finished and recorded good, I really liked it, very good playing man.

User Info Menu

I have to say I don't like the acoustic tone at all...i would much prefer it done on a nice clean tele or strat...through a fender amp....clean....yum yum...

its well composed though....and I take it the synth awwws are just root notes played on a keyboard or somethin?....I'd experiment with what notes your playing on the synth....and also experiment with the synth itself.....try find someone with an auto appegiator......that would be cool....

You asked for an honest opinion....I like the idea but i don't like the tones...

User Info Menu

I understand, but I love the sound of an acoustic, but it could have been better if Id taken more time on the production and mastering. (His & Los)
    The Synth is just root notes on a keyboard but I didnt want to over power all teh lil things that the guitars were doing. It was meant to be softer in the mix. Kind of being unnoticed, but heard.
    Thanks for all your opinions Ive got a new one Im working on and I thnk Im goinna put drums on this one.
    Thanks for being honest guys.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

You keep working at it, PD, because I believe that you're on to something. No artist puts a song out to the public believing that everyone will like it. All you can do is put something out that will touch the souls of as many people as you can. Your music touched mine!

User Info Menu

what guitar is it actually? piezo pickup?

User Info Menu

When I was recording that I used a Fender acoustic Electric, and a Takamine Acoustic.
    Thanks PB, Im glad you liked it.
    IM glad you guys give me "Constructive Critisism." It hurts but helps lol.

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Well I was expecting some drumming in that one but it's alright lol.
    The acoustic actually sounds pretty cool, a tad uneven in spots but a good sound overall.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy