Thread: Please help! Roland question!

User Info Menu

Default Please help! Roland question!

So i bought the master 50 pack for the td-6 a while back and i just recently purchased the Roland UM-ONE MIDI cord to transfer the sound files. Well my computer isnt installing the midi cord so my computer reads that nothing is connected and no lights on the interface light up.

To put it simpley, how do i transfer these files over and what MIDI cable do i need to do this??

Please help ive been looking everywhere for the answers to my questions!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Please help! Roland question!

It's been a while (2-3 yrs.) since I've owned a roland module & installed VEX packs..quick question...have you followed the instructions in the attached manual?..

http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/docum...structions.pdf

User Info Menu

indeed i have. i just need to know the correct MIDI cord to purchase because i obviously have not gotten the right one

User Info Menu

The MIDI cord I used is a UM-1ex (Edirol)...I believe it's the same cord you used...how you have the switches set (on UM-1ex) is important..it took me a few tries to get it to work...you do also have the Vlib, correct?

User Info Menu

Yes i have vlib and my interface has no switches. the cord i purchased is just called Roland USB MIDI interface UM-1. When i plug it in my computer is obviously not reading it because when i go to bulk dump my current kits from my set, there is nothing in the drop down menu that i can select to dump from. The USB light comes on and the IN light is on but the OUT is not.

User Info Menu

Have you tried contacting the guys at Vex...

V Expressions Ltd.
    Cape Coral, FL
    Technical Support Line: 239-549-2120

I'm sure they can help you...I would do more but I don't have a roland module handy at this moment...

User Info Menu

I'll definatley try. Thanks, this is giving me fits...