Thread: Sabian Ring thingy..help?

User Info Menu

Default Sabian Ring thingy..help?

ok..i cant for the life of me figure out what this thing is..but i want one..but i dont know where u get one..?? help! Its so cool tho!!

Not my drumset by the way..but a cool one

User Info Menu

It almost looks as if someone had it custom made. I've never seen anything like it either, MI. If you find anything, let us know, and I'm sure that if any of us find it online somewhere, a link will be posted. Hope we can get to the bottom of this one, because it looks pretty cool!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

definatly..i found the thundersheets looking for this thing..its almost like someone took like a 45 inch cymbal and cut a huge hole in it.

User Info Menu

it looks like something i've seen called an o-gong
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

well ringo..your right..the guy who owns it has a forum name of "my van pounds", and this is what he said on another forum.

"9.) My kit has afew one of a kind pieces that noone else has, will have, or has had. that is being my 40 inch sabian o gong thing and my 13x6 green acrylic snare shell I bought predrilled from Carl Peterson shortly before he left pearl. its a 10 lug snare with pearl tube lugs and sr017 strainer. truly a one of a kind snare"

User Info Menu

so apparently u cant buy these from sabian?? but my question is "why not"?

User Info Menu

I looked all over the internet for this thing, and couldnt find anything about it. So I e-mailed sabian customer service, when they reply ill tell you guys

User Info Menu

that is a huge export. i know myvanpounds from the pearl forum. i'm sure if you get on there and PM he would answer any questions you have about it. he wouldnt have the worlds biggest export kit if he didnt love to brag about it. the kit is even bigger than in those pics. those are either old or he downsized by a few drums.

User Info Menu

i know..i didnt post all the pics he put up..just the ones with the O-gong..cuz man that thing is cool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    that is a huge export. i know myvanpounds from the pearl forum. i'm sure if you get on there and PM he would answer any questions you have about it. he wouldnt have the worlds biggest export kit if he didnt love to brag about it. the kit is even bigger than in those pics. those are either old or he downsized by a few drums.
    That kits a export? 0.o