Thread: axis driveshaft info

User Info Menu

Unhappy axis driveshaft info

Well I've had my pedals for a little over a year and my driveshaft is now what some might call feces. It's called a universal driveshaft and it costs 130 to replace and that's not going to happen. I am aware that they can be split apart so that's not info I care to hear about. My question is what driveshaft can be used as an alternative, if any?
    And it isn't axis percussion's fault it was my own stupidity that caused the wear.

User Info Menu

Default Re: axis driveshaft info

Wow, 53 views and no help. At this point I'll cradle some balls for info.

User Info Menu

I would comment but I know nothing about Axis pedals. I know, why comment right just felt sorry you got no comments. At least you got one LOL

User Info Menu

If you're talking about the connecting shaft, maybe another manufacturer's shaft will work? I thought all those shafts were interchangeable....If not maybe a machine shop could do the repairs for less $$$.
    Last edited by slinglander; 01-14-2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Added text

User Info Menu

I too know nothing of Axis, but I do know that Pearl ones can be used on DW pedals and are much cheaper. You should be able to take a couple of different ones apart and try try them on an Axis at your local (G)retail (C)store.
    Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com

User Info Menu

I need a whole new drive shaft, one of the two pivot points is very worn just from prolonged use. I just don't want to buy another one and have it happen again. But If don't get some answers soon my landlord is going to get a call from other tenets complaining about a corpse smell coming from my apartment.

User Info Menu

I have had a problem similar to this, but with another brand- Pearl. What I did(assuming you can't exchange the pedal for a new one at your retailer you bought it from) was contact the online store I bought it from(mf) and ask them to order a replacement part(I also broke the shaft), and they contacted Pearl and ordered the part for me. Not long before I got the part delivered to my house. I tried contacting Pearl directly but did not have anywhere near as much luck as when I let the shop deal with them. Shipping costs vary depending on area, but you can expect them.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Have you contacted Axis about your driveshaft problem??…I know they have a re-furbish/overhaul program…it might not be as expensive as buying a new drive shaft...