Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DW Performance Series Drum Kit Review

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW Performance Series Drum Kit Review

Black Diamond finish did it for me.

DW Performance Series:

10" x 12" Tom
    12" x 14" Floor Tom (to the left of the snare)
    14" x 16" Floor Tom
    18" x 22" Bass
    6.5" x 14" Snare

Cymbals:
    14 Zildjian K HH
    21"Zildjian K Ride
    18" Zildjian K Crash
    20" Zildjian K Crash

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Icetech View Post
    No bish.. not saying that anyone did.. BUT since the design is a lower cost unit it seems people have written it off as garbage. But i was just shocked that the few times i have mentioned it on various forums that people agree'd with me when i had expected the opposite reaction.. Wasn't a shot at anyone or anything just an observation.
    Well to be honest, I didn't give them much merit but for no reason other than uninformed. I had/have no experience with them nor have I heard much about them. Are we accidentally ignoring what could be a decent product?
    Last edited by Bish; 07-16-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I was looking at the Design Series but I really wasn't into the super small drum lugs and the finishes that they were offering. Still very nice priced drums (for what they offer).
    DW Performance Series:

10" x 12" Tom
    14" x 16" Floor Tom
    18" x 22" Bass
    6.5" x 14" Snare

Cymbals:
    14 Zildjian K HH
    21"Zildjian K Ride
    18" Zildjian K Crash
    20" Zildjian K Crash

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JW_PS_Blk_Dia View Post
    I was looking at the Design Series but I really wasn't into the super small drum lugs and the finishes that they were offering. Still very nice priced drums (for what they offer).
    I am the opposite.. i hate the giant oversized cartoonish lugs on the collectors and loved the Tobacco burst finish To each their own..

User Info Menu

Black Diamond finish did it for me.

I don't know how you play that kit comfortably. Your angles look so crazy. My legs don't sit naturally at a 90* angle.
    Which direction do you look forward? Or what faces the audience?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I don't know how you play that kit comfortably. Your angles look so crazy. My legs don't sit naturally at a 90* angle.
    Which direction do you look forward? Or what faces the audience?
    Thinking the same. It's possible they were just set up there quickly for photo purposes.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Icetech View Post
    I am the opposite.. i hate the giant oversized cartoonish lugs on the collectors and loved the Tobacco burst finish To each their own..
    The tobacco finish is sweet...
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

I'm a left handed drummer and I play a right handed kit. That's why thing are spaced so far apart. I don't have the right arm reaching over my snare drum (to hit the hats) so I can use as much (or as little) space as needed. I look at the audience over the center of the bass drum (as do right handed people). The first kit I ever sat behind was set up for a right handed person and I got got hooked on this configuration. I did have to move the ride cymbal to the right of the hi-hats.
    DW Performance Series:

10" x 12" Tom
    14" x 16" Floor Tom
    18" x 22" Bass
    6.5" x 14" Snare

Cymbals:
    14 Zildjian K HH
    21"Zildjian K Ride
    18" Zildjian K Crash
    20" Zildjian K Crash

User Info Menu

I'm a left handed drummer and I play a right handed kit. That's why thing are spaced so far apart. I don't have the right arm reaching over my snare drum (to hit the hats) so I can use as much (or as little) space as needed. I look at the audience over the center of the bass drum (as do right handed people). The first kit I ever sat behind was set up for a right handed person and I got got hooked on this configuration. I did have to move the ride cymbal to the right of the hi-hats.

Honestly even after reading that I feel like your left leg must be broken... When I sit comfortably my legs are in a V shape.. looking at your set your legs are positioned like _| which does not look comfortable.

I am also a lefty and I play a lot of open hand hi-hat.

User Info Menu

I'm lefty playing on a right hand kit also. and i have more of a V Stance. the feet of my snare stand are actually against the base of my kick pedal and i keep my hats almost over the snare.. Everyone likes it different though as long as you are comfy thats cool...

P.S. either of you lefties ever try playing left handed? i have never tried and i often wonder if life would have been easier

User Info Menu

I have tried just to keep from getting bored but when I record or gig out, I feel more comfortable going back to the right handed set up.
    DW Performance Series:

10" x 12" Tom
    14" x 16" Floor Tom
    18" x 22" Bass
    6.5" x 14" Snare

Cymbals:
    14 Zildjian K HH
    21"Zildjian K Ride
    18" Zildjian K Crash
    20" Zildjian K Crash

User Info Menu

WOW really? That sounds uncomfortable as all get out. I would love to see a video of you playing like that if you dont mind.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO