Thread: Yamaha DTX 500 Velocity

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha DTX 500 Velocity

I have a tendency to beat the heck out of my eDrums. I wanted to know if anyone has messed with the Velocity settings/curves on a DTX 500 module and have settings they would share.
    Especially for the snare and cymbals. I have the standard DTX 520K Kit with an XP100SD Snare Pad upgrade. I mainly use the GM setting to trigger XLN Audio Addictive Drums on my Mac.
    Thanks - mdee

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTX 500 Velocity

Hi, how ya doin' mdee? I have the Yamaha DTXPress II's and I have changed the Velocity settings and they do make quite a bit of difference. I'm a sensitive player so I programmed my velocity for that. I don't remember right off hand what I put my settings on, but your manual should tell you what settings are for hard hitters, medium players and soft players. I could take a look at my kit's settings Thursday at rehearsal and let you know what the settings for a heavy hitter should be. Let me know.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTX 500 Velocity

Quote Originally Posted by Cal Talbot View Post
    Hi, how ya doin' mdee? I have the Yamaha DTXPress II's and I have changed the Velocity settings and they do make quite a bit of difference. I'm a sensitive player so I programmed my velocity for that. I don't remember right off hand what I put my settings on, but your manual should tell you what settings are for hard hitters, medium players and soft players. I could take a look at my kit's settings Thursday at rehearsal and let you know what the settings for a heavy hitter should be. Let me know.
    That would be great. I think I saw something about that. I didn't know if I needed to set a velocity "controller number" limit... Less than 127.
    Or if just setting the curve for heavy hitter would work. I take it you copy the setting to a new user preset and then make the changes?

Are you using any Drum Software like Addictive Drums?