Thread: what the best cymbal endorsment

User Info Menu

Default what the best cymbal endorsment

soultone cymbals,Paiste Cymbals,Zildjian Cymbals,MEINL cymbals,SABIAN Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: what the best cymbal endorsment

Depends on what your favourite cymbals/company is. I don't know too much in the way of endorsement but I think it will be a bit harder to get in with the Big 4 as opposed to Soultone, TRX or someone smaller. TRX in particular has a 'young stars' endorsement program which kinda helps unknown/up-and-comers. That all being said, you can always contact each company and see what they require for an endorsement.

Welcome to DC too always good to add one more to the ranks.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

thanks homies

User Info Menu

I agree that there probably isn't a "best" cymbal endorsement - I think they have different contracts and deals depending on the artist and the level of exposure they get. I think that Zildjian is probably the best known brand outside of the drumming world (talking about people out on the street who don't drum and the brands they've heard of) but I'd be hard pressed to turn down an endorsement from just about anyone if it came my way because I like cymbals from all of the major and many of the minor cymbals makers. Would I turn in my Sabians if Zildjian came along and offered me a deal on cymbals of my choice from their lineup? You bet! Same thing with Paiste, Bosphorus, Istanbul, Meinl, etc.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Easy answer. THE best cymbal or drum endorsement you can get is the one you can actually get. Every company has their good, better, and best line-up of products. Get a foot in the door and then pick and choose what they will let you have.

Good luck and remember......"If it's free......it's for me."
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

The best endorsement is ANY endorsement. Good luck.

User Info Menu

I have always preferred Zildjians....but all of the companies have some nice sounding cymbals. Personnally, I wouldn't turn any of them down.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    I agree that there probably isn't a "best" cymbal endorsement - I think they have different contracts and deals depending on the artist and the level of exposure they get. I think that Zildjian is probably the best known brand outside of the drumming world (talking about people out on the street who don't drum and the brands they've heard of) but I'd be hard pressed to turn down an endorsement from just about anyone if it came my way because I like cymbals from all of the major and many of the minor cymbals makers. Would I turn in my Sabians if Zildjian came along and offered me a deal on cymbals of my choice from their lineup? You bet! Same thing with Paiste, Bosphorus, Istanbul, Meinl, etc.

+10

i have to agree to that. i would take any endorsement if i could get it. although i would need a rack....cause id wind up with a whole lot more cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xoferif09 View Post
    +10

i have to agree to that. i would take any endorsement if i could get it. although i would need a rack....cause id wind up with a whole lot more cymbals
    Yep! Totally agree, although I don't know if I'd add a ton more cymbals - probably another crash, wouldn't mind putting up a china somewhere, I might add another splash and if the company had it, I'd put up a bell. (Something like the Zil Bell or the Sabian Ice Bell)
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

The highest bidder would be my endorsement. Even though I play only Zildjians.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    I have always preferred Zildjians....but all of the companies have some nice sounding cymbals. Personnally, I wouldn't turn any of them down.
    This.
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

what all do you have to do for a TXC?

User Info Menu

What is a TXC?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    What is a TXC?
    A cymbal company. Quite a few of the youtube sensation drummers are endorsed by them...but to what extent I'm not sure.

User Info Menu

If I was just purely playing drumkit, I would be happy with most endorsements. But ever since doubling as a percussionist, I've been scoping out what company produces an extensive range, I would happily be a Paiste endorsee for the rest of my life. A number of companies obviosly have gongs within their range, but I love using and borrowing crazier stuff like cup chimes, bell cymbals, sound discs, and bell plates. And having a set of Paiste crotales would be an absolute hoot, I'd love to incorporate that in a mallet percussion and hand drum group some day.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    A cymbal company. Quite a few of the youtube sensation drummers are endorsed by them...but to what extent I'm not sure.
    Thanks