Thread: Jackie's little yamaha

User Info Menu

Default Playing Traditional Grip on my drum kit

I had an old 1998 yamaha stage custom kit and created a smaller 16 inch bass drum kit using a floor tom conversion kit. Click on the link to hear how it sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTAqGQlRVYQ
    Last edited by Jackie; 02-26-2012 at 10:26 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Jackie's little yamaha

Sounds pretty good Jackie. What made you go with the smaller kit?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thank you Pastor Bob, The smaller kits to me are alot of fun, and just practical. I have played in clubs where I live and there is just no band setup space. I am always trying to figure out new drum patterns on a 4 piece kit and kind of challenge myself to come up with better drum ideas of playing.

User Info Menu

I understand Jackie. I like a big setup, but I got a used 4 piece jazz kit, because I thought it would be useful in a church where space was limited. Frankly, I thought playing the 4 piece would be a little boring after a bigger kit, but playing it has been almost intuitive from the beginning. At first I thought it was simply because there were fewer drums, but it's something more. I can't quite explain it, but it's pretty fun playing a 4 piece.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

4 piece forever!!

BTW...great playing!

all the best...