Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favourite text smiley/picture

User Info Menu

Cool favourite text smiley/picture

What's your favourite smiley face or text picture when you are typing messages - if any.

I like this one

O.o

or variations with a mouth

O.o
    `
    O.o
    ~

O.o
    -

what about you - please share, perhaps we can learn ones we haven't seen before

EDIT: The ones with the ~ and the - mouths should have a space beofre the mouths, but when I actually post it, the space is removed. I think they look better with the space though.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

One of my favorites is m/ (which, as you can see, is a thumbs-up). In the States, it's a symbol of encouragement (as you see in my avatar) -- although I have since learned that in Australia and in other parts of the Empire, the same gesture is an offensive manuever Americans call "flipping the bird."

In my case, it's always an encouragement...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    One of my favorites is m/ (which, as you can see, is a thumbs-up). In the States, it's a symbol of encouragement (as you see in my avatar) -- although I have since learned that in Australia and in other parts of the Empire, the same gesture is an offensive manuever Americans call "flipping the bird."

In my case, it's always an encouragement...
    Actually in Asutralia, giving some one a thumbs up is ok - depending on the situation. If it is teamed with a smile - like your avatar - it's all good - however in older times, it was often done as a way of telling somene "where to go" so to speak. This can still be achieved sometimes today if it is done with a negative facial expression - but generally a thumbs up is a good thing. "Flipping the bird" to me generally means an extension of the middle finger, not the thumb.

User Info Menu

:-)

This is the one I always use

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post

I do mine like this {:o)

EDIT: - a big nose {:O) or {:0)

....hehe...he has hair.......hehe.......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    I do mine like this {:o)

EDIT: - a big nose {:O) or {:0)

....hehe...he has hair.......hehe.......
    I like those better, mine is so boring LOL

User Info Menu

You can make him angry too >:o(

and of course the classic wink {;o) or without hiar ;o)

bored {:o|

kisses {:ox

tongue {:oP

I'm going old school - nowadays we have all those cool smileys I know, but the old school way is fun too sometimes.

Many moons ago I used to do allot of chatting on yahoochat and saw heaps of stuff - one of the best to use when chatting to a girl was a rose ---/---@

or, if you have the time, you can do a bunch of roses, but it is to hard on here because it automatically removes unecassary spaces

User Info Menu

One eyed faces too

.o)

.o|

.oP

User Info Menu

lol crazy, very inventive, ill use some of those in my text messaging.

i like this one

:-/

User Info Menu

O_O, O.o, , =). That's about all I use.

Shazane Guest

I like > the demon from Yahoo IM, but it doesnt work on here it makes 2/3 of it into something, should be > : )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post

And this is one I use on other sites: (;-{>) (gotta give him a 'stache and a goatee)...

but this one and the "cool" icon I almost always use on my messages are easier!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

i like this one
    <@
    it's a clown with curly hair
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

See, I never knew about the clown, or goatee - they're cool. Hence this thread and it's importance.

User Info Menu

<(o_O)>

User Info Menu

(@_@)

User Info Menu

-.- if im angry.
    :-() Its looks like a monkeay.

Other than that i hardly use smileys.

drums-rock Guest

i like these 0 - its an angel

User Info Menu

P.o)

Eyepatch

User Info Menu

Bo)

sunglasses

drums-rock Guest

\m/ (>.<) \m/ thats my fav!

User Info Menu

---/----@
    ---/----@
    ---/----@
    ---/----@
    ---/----@
    ---/----@
    ---/----@
    ---/----@ One dozen roses.
    ---/----@
    ---/----@
    ---/----@
    ---/----@

User Info Menu

(Y) BUNNY!!!!!
    ^
    ( )C
    uu

User Info Menu

(>'.')> Kirby

User Info Menu

here's one that hand drummers can relate to: /Oo\

(bongos between the knees, of course) m/!

Charlie