Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crush Acrylic Drums????

User Info Menu

Default Crush Acrylic Drums????

Hey all. I'm wondering if anyone has any hands on experience with Crush Acrylic Drums. I'm considering buying this kit and would like to know if they are well made, how they sound. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Crush Acrylic Drums????

No idea............but they look great.

User Info Menu

Those look amazing! Pricing?
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Me too! not familar..but they are sharp looking..almost sterile..I see triggered lighting for effects in those babies...you will stand out thats for sure.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Ive been seeing these kits on the bay and the prices are very reasonable. Crush is made up of a bunch of guys who left Ddrum because they were unsatisfied with Ddrums quality so I can only assume these drums are top knotch.

User Info Menu

Good luck. I think Crush is a fairly new custom drum company, and with acrylic kits being less than common to begin with, you might be hard pressed to find anyone who has had experience with them.

Those are really sharp looking and unlike some custom drum companies, Crush's don't seem to be over the top.

If the price is right for you, and the hardware and shells check out, go for it. My only hesitation would be with it being such a new company. I know many products go through lots of change and development in their infacy as kinks are worked out.

ETA - I see the kit(s) on eBay. The price looks very decent. I personally wouldn't buy them without getting to at least see them in person, but you won't find new acrylic drums for less.
    Last edited by JimboJim; 01-18-2012 at 12:34 PM.

User Info Menu

i read a review of a maple Crush kit in Drum magazine,
    they raved about them

User Info Menu

The kit in the picture is on E-bay for $1450.00 very reasonable in my opinion. I've got a birthday coming up and the wife asked me what I wanted last night, I may point her in this direction.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Ive been seeing these kits on the bay and the prices are very reasonable. Crush is made up of a bunch of guys who left Ddrum because they were unsatisfied with Ddrums quality so I can only assume these drums are top knotch.
    That sure tells you alot about DDrum quality doesn't it? Hope these Crush are better than the DDrum
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 01-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kyle102565 View Post
    i read a review of a maple Crush kit in Drum magazine,
    they raved about them
    What they say about the acrylics.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Crush Acrylic Drums????

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Hey all. I'm wondering if anyone has any hands on experience with Crush Acrylic Drums. I'm considering buying this kit and would like to know if they are well made, how they sound. Thanks.

Aye man you are there in the store ask to try them out and see how Crush sound and stand up to their reputation.

User Info Menu

Just a thought, but let's break this down for a second. To my knowledge there are only 2 companies that make acrylic drum shells and RCI is the main one that I see when I look them up online, so essentially what you get when you buy Crush acrylic drums are something that was pretty much just assembled by them. They may do the edges and drilling too, but with the right tooling just about anyone could do that.

If I ever really feel like I "need" a Vistalite or other acrylic kit, I will probably just buy the hardware (Ludwig clone hardware can be had if you really want it to look like a Vistalite) and build it myself.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

I thought that same exact thing and when I priced it out, it was the same if not more in price. I also dont have the time or technical skill to do it. These kits look to be of good quality, and if I were to every play out I would highly consider investing in them (c'mon clear drums look so good on stage).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I thought that same exact thing and when I priced it out, it was the same if not more in price. I also dont have the time or technical skill to do it. These kits look to be of good quality, and if I were to every play out I would highly consider investing in them (c'mon clear drums look so good on stage).
    Everything always costs less when you buy directly from the source, and the only way to get the reduction is to buy in bulk. A drum company like Crush makes their profit in the margin between what they pay, and what it would cost someone like you or me to put it together from parts, which is pretty much what they are going to charge. The difference is that when you do it yourself, you get to completely pick all aspects of the kit - lugs, sizes, etc.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

I've been following the Ludwig Vistalite Bonham kits on E-bay for the past few months. They are still priced at $2500.00 minimum. So this kit at $1450.00 is looking good. I just did a search on you tube a watched a couple videos of them, they sound nice.

User Info Menu

Agreed, I can make it however I want it....problem is....I have expensive taste!

User Info Menu

Good look and price from what I hear. However, I would concern myself more with how they hold up. If something seems too good to be true it probably is- RCI doing the shells for Crush seems unlikely if they are sold at this low of a price. A genuine RCI starlite kick is no cheap item, the shell alone for a 22x18 is around $300usd before any modifications are done to it such as drilling/edge profiles. I consider starlites the keller grade of the acrylic world, and Ddrum's old acrylic offerings weren't that great in my opinion, as Ddrum has a reputation for iffy quality control in the past. They may be on the rise, but I think it will take some extensive field testing before you can label them as reliable as their competitors from brands like Tama and Ludwig.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Precision Drum Company offers acrylic kits, no? I would check into them for pricing. I'm sure that they could come very close to the Visualites.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

So what happened to the whole "This is gonna be my final drumset of my life deal", NPYYZ? :D
    Itchie has an acrylic kit. I think it took him awhile to get it sounding the way he wanted.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

I read an article that said that any and all acrylic drum shells are made by one of two companies these days, and there may only be one company still in business - either Gold-N-Times, or RCI.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVwGJUlh7x4"]Chris Carbonaro - Crush Acrylic Drum Kit Solo - YouTube[/ame]
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

Wow they sound pretty good! A bit of studio magic though I imagine?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Crush only has clear kits currently. I've read good things in general about everything except for their hardware occasionally not standing up. I was actually thinking about purchasing that kit even though I do have a set of vistalites for comparison.

Very affordable prices, at least half a grand less than typical vistalite prices I've seen.

The only two constants I have are DW and Zildjian.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    Just a thought, but let's break this down for a second. To my knowledge there are only 2 companies that make acrylic drum shells and RCI is the main one that I see when I look them up online, so essentially what you get when you buy Crush acrylic drums are something that was pretty much just assembled by them. They may do the edges and drilling too, but with the right tooling just about anyone could do that.

If I ever really feel like I "need" a Vistalite or other acrylic kit, I will probably just buy the hardware (Ludwig clone hardware can be had if you really want it to look like a Vistalite) and build it myself.
    drum craft make all there own shells too

i wonder are the crush shells seamless?

User Info Menu

Yeah, they're seamless drum shells.

The only two constants I have are DW and Zildjian.